U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2020, 12:22 AM

47 posts, read 22,940 times

Advertisements

This woman use to stand at the first entrance entry point of the Dover Walmart. She was sent away from there by management. Now after being God knows where all these months, she's found a new location.

Jimmy Drive, is on the south bound side of DuPont Hwy. outside Smyrna. It lines up with the entry/exit ramps for Route 1.

She pulls the same stunt. Stands with a sign claiming she's homeless. If you stop, she looks ready to break into tears. "I'm so hungryyyyy!" Was the line she gave me when I first saw her at the Walmart in Dover.

I've linked that old thread of warning to this thread. (See below)

Don't believe her!
At the end of her day, a man picks her up in a new model pickup truck. "BIG PAPA", on the front license plate.

Hubby gave her his last $20., when she was at Walmart.
What a career! Tax free money. There are a lot of people out there doing the same thing. But follow them when they're done for the day and how many go to a home, driving a nice car? Here's one from six years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CynYgP8PcWc

The best way to help those who claim to be homeless is to give them food, or a bottle of water on a hot day. No money.
I asked myself, how do they sleep at night when they're lying and begging as a career choice?
Driving a Mercedes away from the "work place" , is likely the answer. And they probably sleep on a top of the line mattress covered with sheets that cost hundreds.

Fake Homeless Woman Begging @ Dover Walmart - Watch for it
She sits under the tree at the south entrance of the Dover Walmart on Jerome Drive. I don't know her name and wouldn't ask because when she fakes being homeless why would I trust she's giving me her real name?
It isn't illegal to hold up a sign asking for help or money. It is illegal to approach people and do that.
I checked with DE State Police to be sure.

So you know her on sight, as she may also prey on other good hearted people in different areas of Dover, picture the actress Sissy Spacek only with full lips like Angelina Jole. She has light hair, like a pale blond/brunette.
She sits under the tree at the south entrance of Walmart. And if you stop because you believe her, "I'm homeless" sign, she walks to your window and looks all tearful and whines, "I'm sooooo hungry!"

I gave her eight bucks one day because I bought it. My hubby come to find out gave her his last $20 two weeks before that.
A couple of weeks ago we saw her at Royal Farms in their seating area. A good hearted man had apparently bought her line and was buying her lunch.

She's not homeless. She's scamming tax free money from good hearted people. She gets dropped off at Walmart around 3p.m on Friday and most days of the weekend. Her husband picks her up around 5 or 6 pm in a new model Dodge Ram pickup truck with a customized plate on the front bumper; "BIG PAPA".

Just an FYI.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 08:34 PM

899 posts, read 1,041,902 times
I recall your earlier posts about her at Walmart. Unfortunately there are people who take advantage of other peoples’ kindness. Thanks for the warning.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:27 PM

10,167 posts, read 12,847,241 times
I think they must have an organization. We have them in Rehoboth too, by Walmart.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:07 AM

2,193 posts, read 1,228,664 times
In my area, I've seen them being dropped off at prime corners by a van and picked up later by the same van. I think it's practically a regular business operation.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:50 PM

There was a man at the Dover PO who would sit on the bench near the door. He'd ask people to pray for him because he was a homeless veteran. I don't think he was. One day late last year I was walking by and a woman was there questioning him about his veteran status, asking him if he'd tried this resource, that resource, and the man was quick to excuse that he had but to no avail. To which the woman would reply that it was odd because.... and then she'd go into all these names of offices related to veteran affairs with regard to benefits.
Basically, she was outing him as a fake.
After that he wasn't there for about a week or two. Then when he did re-appear he was wearing a army type jacket no doubt bought from the Army Navy store down on Loockerman.
It's sorry to fake being homeless when one has a house and is making a living lying to good people who will give money believing the lie. However, it is beneath contempt to lie about being a homeless veteran.

I wonder if the driver of the van you all mentioned gets a portion of the monies made during the day?

They'll go to any lengths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbRALNRbgak

Old 09-15-2020, 06:55 PM

https://youtu.be/CynYgP8PcWc
And how is it that no one from Child Protective Services descends on that woman? Seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
In my area, I've seen them being dropped off at prime corners by a van and picked up later by the same van. I think it's practically a regular business operation.
Could be. Or, if those are women you're seeing, they could be sex slaves and that one driving the van is their pimp or controller. They work and make him a living at their peril.

I think if police see that happen they should investigate. Who knows what's going on there.
In Delaware it isn't illegal to stand with a homeless please help sign. What is illegal is if that homeless person approaches a person and asks for money.

There was a guy in Dover that use to do that. He was huge! Six four and about 200 if an ounce. One day he was in the Dover post office having followed a Muslim woman, her attire informed us of that, into the lobby. The service window area of the post office was closed at this time.
He cornered her in that first room of mail boxes on the right just after the lobby entrance. Blocking her exit from around what was then a table installed near the boxes. Had she tried to go out the other side he'd have been able to block her also.

This woman saw what was happening and walked into the room and asked the lady if she was ready to go. The lady nodded, the woman reached out her hand, and the huge threat stepped aside. Smart man.

Two weeks later he was back. Stepping in front of cars making their way through the parking lot and trying to hold them up for money. Bad idea.
Someone called the police.
Two days later there was an article in the local paper. A guy wanted for murder had been found and arrested. There was a picture.

That huge threatening guy hasn't been seen there since.

Point is, be careful! Some homeless pretenders live well. Some are mentally ill and on the street because funding for the institution where they were housed ran out. And the institution opened the doors and let everyone go. This happened years ago in Ohio.

And some can actually be escaped criminals or people who are wanted for egregious crimes. Men can let their beard grow out if the wanted picture is that of a clean shaven man and no one is the wiser when they see that dirty guy begging for change on the corner.

If you think someone is truly desperate, give them food and /or water. In winter, give them a blanket you're not going to be using. Maybe that pair of shoes you were going to donate to Goodwill. Socks! Socks are a big plus in winter. Or a coat! If you have an extra and you're not going to use it.

Giving homeless people money is easy. But is it safe?
One day there will be no homeless. Everyone will have a home and they'll be safe and secure.

Till then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: