U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2020, 09:46 AM

8,177 posts, read 11,824,187 times

Advertisements

One of my fun things to do was walking a couple of blocks to our local ice cream shop and having a fresh dipped ice cream cone, or shake. Too much sugar and too much fat, so no more of that for me!

Tell me what you do for fun, or at least, something you do besides staring at the t.v. and all of those commercials.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 10:12 AM

10,199 posts, read 12,887,393 times
When you find out let me know.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:14 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,356,061 times
I LOVE ice cream, rdlr! I eat it almost daily during the summer. Freezer is loaded with it . It's not much fun to drive anywhere around here right now (as you can imagine) so I stick close to home.

Honestly, my life hasn't changed all that much as far as what I do during my free time during this pandemic. I've always been outdoorsy and pretty much a loner. I still cycle daily, run almost every morning, visit the state parks, kayak, and go to Assateague State Park beach in MD (much less crowded!). I have stopped going to one local park as much due to too many people and started visiting a different one nearby.

I do miss dining out, although we have dined outdoors a couple times. I miss my races as well but they are starting back up. I am hoping this fall is a bit more normal (and safer!) because that IS when the fun begins!

Old 07-20-2020, 06:41 PM

Liz.....Glad you found some fun! My triglycerides jumped from all the ice cream I've been enjoying, so I'm now suffering from withdraw systems.
I miss the races, our favorite baseball team/games, and being free. I'm still working as an independent contractor 5-6 days/week, but not in New Castle County. In my job, there are ways for me to continue what I do, and still be safe, without personal contacts.

So, I guess when it comes to fun things to do.......it's driving everyday through Kent and Sussex Counties and it never fails, that I run into an area/crossroad I didn't know, or forgot about. At least I get paid for it.
But, I hate that washing and sanitizing face masks is part of my day. They sure get sweaty!
Our dining out fun is an every-2-week trip to Bowers Beach, and JPs on the Wharf for fresh flounder dinners. The dining room is big and is right on the Bay. Tables are more than 6' apart, and there are no more than 3 tables occupied when we go on Wednesdays or Thursdays.

Old 07-22-2020, 05:26 PM

Virus? What virus? We just got back from our JP's on The Wharf fix at North Bowers. I'm a happy camper after enjoying that golden brown, thick, fried flounder with a side of seasoned red potatoes! Fisherman were docking their boats and unloading their catches as we dined along the Bay. Life is good, and all is right with the world!.....(at least for us, and for tonight).

Old 07-22-2020, 08:30 PM

900 posts, read 1,043,563 times
Right now, I’m spending time at my HOA pool, then I head to my plot in a community garden nearby to water and pick whatever is ready. My first time gardening and everything is growing well and plants are producing. Then I head to a local park, walk, have something cold to drink and some fruit or a salad from my garden. I stay till the sun goes down. Pretty much the same thing every day, but it’s what I like to do.

Old 07-22-2020, 10:16 PM

29,077 posts, read 28,066,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
Right now, I’m spending time at my HOA pool, then I head to my plot in a community garden nearby to water and pick whatever is ready. My first time gardening and everything is growing well and plants are producing. Then I head to a local park, walk, have something cold to drink and some fruit or a salad from my garden. I stay till the sun goes down. Pretty much the same thing every day, but it’s what I like to do.
The pool part sounds good. This heat is a bit too much for me. I go outside and stay there until I can no longer tolerate it. I grew up without air conditioning, so that should be OK. I try to acclimate. My parents bought air conditioners when they were in their late 50s. That sounds about right to me. That's when I started to have a problem with being too hot and not being able to cool down.

Old 07-23-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
That's the key! 'Do what you like to do' .....

Old 07-23-2020, 01:19 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,356,061 times
We went to Assateague and enjoyed some warm ocean water last weekend. I'm pleased the ocean warmed up rather quickly this year so I can swim. We'll be there again soon.

We also dined out at The Blue Crab in Bethany the other day for some all you can eat shrimp and chicken. We eat outside. It was hot, but we do enjoy people watching and observing what's going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: