Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:12 PM

405 posts, read 1,375,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase_from_DE View Post
UPSTATE! that's me

Stewart's - Bear - nice comfy clean non-commercial homestyle bar and good food to boot
Buffalo wild wings - Bear - great place to catch a game, good food and drink, chain sportsbar
Damons - New Castle - much like BWW only a bit bigger
Tailgates - Stanton - small town, local, small, little grungy, fun
McGlynns - Glasgow - nice homey clean bar in people's plaza
Bennigans - various locations - i like bennigans good food and drink
Iron Hill - Wilmington water front - making a name for itself, nice place, great food and drink
trolley square - wilmington - this area has many bars and they are all walking distance, big party area, notables are Cr Hooligans and Logan House.

There are many many more, those are some that i visit....
Awesome Chase and I think we are closer to your neck of the woods, hubby is a beer connoisseur and brews his own beer and loves trying new beers, he's in to IPA's, and beers with a lot of hops. Although he's been known to brew me some nice Heferwiesen, Belgian Ales, and fruit beers from time to time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 12:45 PM

5 posts, read 15,783 times
I can't believe that Dogfish Head made it to the UK and I can't find it in California. I love their chicory beer, and the 60 min IPA is great. Next visit, I'm packing some back in my suitcase. I've brought back Birch Beer in a suitcase (also rare in CA). So, why not real beer?

Old 04-30-2008, 01:13 PM

9,721 posts, read 14,260,591 times
I'm embarrassed to say I don't know "good" beer when I see, drink, or spill it!
I'm a Miller Lite girl, and that's about it!
BUT, hubby and I are having our 50th wedding anniversary party at a local wine vineyard, with a tour of the wine making facility.... Huge pavilion, surrounded by vineyards and beautiful grounds. I know a little more about wine, than beer! A little bit, not much. BUT, I know what I LIKE

Old 04-30-2008, 02:52 PM

64 posts, read 141,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laural View Post
Awesome Chase and I think we are closer to your neck of the woods, hubby is a beer connoisseur and brews his own beer and loves trying new beers, he's in to IPA's, and beers with a lot of hops. Although he's been known to brew me some nice Heferwiesen, Belgian Ales, and fruit beers from time to time.
Then i would say you would like Stewart's in Bear, really is a nice place and has a rather hefty selection of brews.

My co-worker owns a brew it yourself store out in newark if your husband needs supplies locally.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase_from_DE View Post
My co-worker owns a brew it yourself store out in newark if your husband needs supplies locally.
YES!!! What's the address? He's eager to get his holiday beers started. Although I told him he has work around the new place first!

Old 05-01-2008, 06:05 AM

64 posts, read 141,327 times
Ok i think this is his site with info, it is blocked by our firewall here at work but im almost positive this is it.

www.firststatebrewers.com/

the guy is Joe, i have worked with him for like 4 years now, cool guy.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:33 PM

Thanks Chase! I'm sure he will love that website.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:00 PM

49 posts, read 140,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebleu View Post
rockky, not surprised to hear that Dogfish Head has made it to the UK! They've won their share of awards!
Dogfish just announced that they a pulling out of UK and Canada along with a couple states. They just can't keep up with demand.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:07 PM

45 posts, read 110,122 times
Cafe at St. Georges in Bear. Live music on Friday/Saturday nights, but make a reservation (or else you can sit at the bar - first come first serve)!

Old 03-17-2011, 01:51 PM

728 posts, read 1,782,436 times
I'm partial to Shellhammers still and close to home... one of the first bars I went to after I moved here. MCGlynn's has kick butt french onion soup!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware