Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 06:46 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times

Advertisements

New Castle County - Odessa
Cantwell's Tavern

Another historic dining treasure! Best crab cake dinner I've ever had, anywhere. (Butternut Squash Soup is wonderful, too). This is a lovely place, on Main Street in Historic Odessa. We dined on the second level, the last time we were there. I do prefer the first level, but just being there is a real treat. I really can't wait until we can visit all our favorite places again!
Yes, they are complying with all health regulations, but I'll wait for this one, too!
https://www.cantwells-tavern.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2020, 12:31 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,910,003 times
Figured I'd post some outside dining places down my way--I know many are avoiding dining inside.

The Blue Crab in Bethany has ayce shrimp and crab meals with chicken, corn, and hush puppies--great food for a reasonable price. However, there are only three spots available to dine outside so make reservations in advance:
https://bethanybluecrab.com/

Cottage Cafe in Bethany is a great place--never had a bad meal there in my 18+ years living here in OV. They have expanded their outside dining; you can usually get a spot without a problem before five p.m., especially during the week but you can call ahead:
https://cottagecafe.com/

Salted Rim has decent Mexican and also expanded their outside dining.
https://www.saltedrimde.com/

Old 10-05-2020, 03:41 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Ding ding we have a winner. LYNDYB called this one.

Jakes to become Agave mid 2021

JUST SAW IT ON WRDE. TRIED TO POST THE VIDEO BUT IT IS NOT LOADED YET.

https://www.capegazette.com/article/...route-1/209604

Last edited by nuts2uiam; 10-05-2020 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 10-05-2020, 06:49 PM

829 posts, read 628,671 times
Thanks for sharing the breaking news, Nuts! It's a great location for a restaurant. The Agave in Lewes is so busy we've never been - so we'll cross our fingers that by the time they open in mid-2021, we'll be emerging from our pandemic hibernation (I'm exaggerating - we do go out) and eating in restaurants again and will finally get to to go an Agave!!

We were on Rehoboth Avenue today about 1:30 and there were a number of people eating outside restaurants. What concerned me was that the tables at one restaurant (which I won't mention unless someone wants to know) seemed awfully close. The back of one chair was about 3 feet from the backs of the two tables on each side. I do hope the restaurants and shops are enjoying what appears to be a bit of an extended season. Lots of shops open.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:48 PM

Sounds like things are shaking up down there at the beach! I must admit, I've heard of Agave, but have never been there. I worked down at the beach when I was a teenager, like all my friends did....it was my first experience of being away from home. Then our own kids worked down there (that scared me because I know how much fun I had).

So much has changed, it makes me sad in one way, but in another way, change can be good! O.K. Agave will be on my "to do" list!

Old 10-05-2020, 10:45 PM

373 posts, read 517,196 times
Enjoyed eating at Agave twice in past 10 days, definitely one of our favorite places. No outside dining, but the inside tables are spaced very far apart (I would say more like 8' than 6') and all servers are fully masked. Hopefully the "new Jake's" location will reduce the traffic at the Lewes restaurant when it opens, although I doubt it.

rdlr, I recommend a pomegranate margarita with either the Farmer's Market Quesadilla or the Blue Cheese and Steak Quesadilla. You can thank me later

Old 10-06-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEveryDay View Post
Enjoyed eating at Agave twice in past 10 days, definitely one of our favorite places. No outside dining, but the inside tables are spaced very far apart (I would say more like 8' than 6') and all servers are fully masked. Hopefully the "new Jake's" location will reduce the traffic at the Lewes restaurant when it opens, although I doubt it.

rdlr, I recommend a pomegranate margarita with either the Farmer's Market Quesadilla or the Blue Cheese and Steak Quesadilla. You can thank me later
How nice! I thanked you with a rep.....a cheesy, lousy rep. But it comes from the heart!

Old 10-07-2020, 08:01 AM

144 posts, read 449,187 times
Agave, best margarita around and jalapeno poppers and of course the blue cheese and steak quesadilla. Their cheese dip is tasty too. Now I'm hungry, maybe I'll visit there this weekend?

Old 10-15-2020, 06:19 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Had to go to Comcast yesterday (I spend a good portion of my time with them, on problem service). Anyway, on my way back I noticed that Pizza Hit is being painted. Don't know what it means, just that something must be going on. It looked like they were using the same color so I am puzzled as I know they went into bankruptcy. Makes no sense that they would improve a store and go back in.

Old 10-15-2020, 11:24 AM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
https://rehobothfoodie.com/

All the news at the beach about who's moving where and when. Menus, reviews, podcasts, and a very comprehensive list of outdoor dining and who's doing take-out and eat-in.

Southern Grille is serving not out of the restaurant last time I checked, but from the food truck on the corner of Rt. 16 & Rt. 113. Very easy to find and a big lot to park and last I heard they were serving almost the full restaurant menu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware