U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 06:21 PM

88 posts, read 94,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I noticed that quality at Amazon's retail service has deteriorated over the past few years.

By now, the company at large is more a military contractor and involved in research into driverless vehicles, robots, the cloud, space exploration, etc.

It appears that they no longer need the peons of the retail world like they once did.

The people wanted globalization, the people got globalization, a race to the lowest common denominator in terms of quality and that we all live in equally.

Except, of course, for the high tech gods.

Unexpected?

Good Luck!
What do you expect from a company run by Lex Luthor? LOL. I heard from a really reliable source, they basically make you become competitive with yourself in every position. If you dont evolve on their timetable, you're cut. That place has put the squeeze on Walmart...and Harbor Freight, which I thought was impossible. I routinely get counterfeit items from there and its hard to spot sometimes. The problem is that we built this ship and we're going down with it like it or not because we want on-demand everything. Where else can I order six brands of C-5 Panasonic Vacuum bags to be delivered in 24 hours for under $10 without traipsing through 3 large geographically-distant stores only to be disappointed they discontinued stocking them because their retail brick&mortar algorithm doesn't want to commit to precious stock space that moves only half a case a month? God save you if your entire business front is gatewayed by them because if by chance their AI determines you're doing something it doesn't like, it will shut you down (temporarily) and some foreign product camper will clone and replace you within 36 hours costing you money and customers and credibility because now your widgets are considered inferior and the reviews are out even if you do get your storefront back. Its happened many times.

Da problem is when you have all the capital, you've won da capitalism. I'm just more curious about whats going to replace it. And just think....they use to sell something people dont use anymore - books.

Have you ever seen Continuum? Thats a pretty interesting take on the future.

-hopefully i've not gone too far off topic here ...sorry
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 09:18 AM

30,147 posts, read 29,848,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl View Post
luv4horses brought up a good point about GPS. Have you ever used a Garmin and plugged in your address? Or have a friend who can do the experiment? You don't have to necessarily live in a new development for addresses and locations not to be matching. GPS gadgets, such like Garmin, are updated with new files frequently, and it could be that the new file is wrong. If you plug in my sister's address, her house built in the 60s, the GPS now points to 4 houses before hers.

Delivery people who rely on GPS and don't read addresses, and are mandated by their employers to get the job done in less time than humanly possible, will get the "you have reached your destination" and deliver.

Amazon, and Amazon sellers, often times don't even want a package back. I was floored when we recently received a new coffeemaker and its carafe was broken, but the seller said here's your refund and just keep the coffeemaker - they didn't want to deal with the return.
I think that's it, too. A few times when looking for the address of a business on their web page, there was a warning to not follow GPS directions because they were wrong.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware