Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 07:19 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,256,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
It is on my calendar and I even have a peach festival t-shirt I bought in town hall last summer.
I have 3, but the first one is thread-bare because it's from the first Festival! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 11:26 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,425,139 times
This Saturday is the Peach Festival in Wyoming, one of the most beautiful towns in the state. A large church, Wyoming Methodist, has a large indoor yard sale, bake sale and “peach fuzzies”, a drink composed mostly of peaches, for sale. There will be a parade at 9am, then events all day until 3pm. Also for those, like me, who like raffles, there will be a raffle table with prizes and gift cards. Come out if you are able to.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
This Saturday is the Peach Festival in Wyoming, one of the most beautiful towns in the state. A large church, Wyoming Methodist, has a large indoor yard sale, bake sale and “peach fuzzies”, a drink composed mostly of peaches, for sale. There will be a parade at 9am, then events all day until 3pm. Also for those, like me, who like raffles, there will be a raffle table with prizes and gift cards. Come out if you are able to.
I was on the FIRST Peach Festival Committee many years ago, and hosted parties the Friday night before the Festival, for all workers. It started out with 6-7 of us, and 10 years later the party on my front yard hosted 42 workers! That was a weary, but fun event. Peach Fuzzies (the real ones) couldn't be made fast enough by a bartender on my front porch, and excitement was in the air It's still an exciting time for me, but after a few years, it was time for me to retire from the huge party-giving.

Today, I'm busy cleaning my house, cooking, and decorating for the Festival! So much to do, and only what's left of today and tomorrow morning to get everything ready for the Parade at 9 a.m. Saturday and breakfast for 14 family members on my front porch! They will arrive at 8 a.m. so I've got to be ready!!!

While I'm thinking about this.....I have a great idea!

All members of the Delaware Forum are invited over today and tomorrow morning to clean and cook. No pay! No transportation provided! No overnight lodging. Cleaning and Cooking experience required, Mask and latex gloves a Must! The house must be clean, the food must be ready, except for serving, and everything has to be done by Noon Friday. Key to the house is in the usual place. Call me on my cell when you have everything cleaned, cooked, and ready, and I'll come back home around 2 p.m. Friday to check everything out! Thank you.

Last edited by rdlr; 08-04-2022 at 10:51 AM..

Old 02-10-2023, 09:25 PM

Delaware Agriculture Museum and Village is now showing the Smithsonian traveling exhibit “Crossroads - Change in Rural America” until April 15, 2023. I went to see it yesterday and spent almost 3 hours at the museum. I hadn’t been there in a couple of years and the museum has added a lot of exhibits inside. There are antique tractors, a 1917 Model T Ford, a steam-powered tractor, a log cabin and a model train display. In addition to the Smithsonian exhibit, there is an exhibit showing photos of the Woodside area decades ago with photos of farming and packing produce to ship by rail. Some photos showed areas decades ago, alongside a current photo. There is also a video screen where local residents reminisced about farm life before electricity was introduced to the rural areas. Outdoors are buildings that were moved to the museum, including a train station, blacksmith shop, general store, church, schoolhouse and a family home.

The museum is open Wednesday thru Saturday, 10 am to 3 pm. It is definitely worth a visit.

Old 02-18-2023, 07:11 AM

Default Dover - St. Patrick's Day Parade 2023

March 11, 2023 Parade Date

https://allevents.in/dover/st-patric...00023820147208

Old 03-10-2023, 05:57 PM

Default Fans of Rehoboth Beach

I stumbled upon this handy-dandy calendar of events for Rehoboth Beach, and it's quite extensive. Those interested in traveling to this area, might find it useful. I'm hoping these events will take place in 2023. Most don't mention the year, that I clicked.

https://www.rehoboth.com/events-a-ac...of-events.html

Old 03-12-2023, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post

I went to the parade and it was a good time. A little warmer weather would have been nice, but the cool cloudy day didn’t prevent me from going. I saw a couple sitting in a zipped-up pod. The name on the back was “Undertheweatherpods.com”. In addition to what I saw at the parade, the company offers “walking pods” that cover all but the arms and legs. Might be useful for a visit to Bombay Hook.

Old 04-20-2023, 06:35 AM

Default Dover Days is Here Again 2023

https://www.visitdelawarevillages.co...nts/dover-days

May 5-6, 2023
The tulips may still be blooming, since we've had a little cool spell. But still....Dover Days is a beautiful event in our State Capital!

Trivia: Dover is the longest-serving capital in the US in terms of statehood. It is the seat of Delaware's government since 1777. The City of Dover was founded in 1683 as the court seat for the newly established Kent County. In 1717, the town was officially laid out.

Old 05-06-2023, 09:36 AM

I went to Dover Days, and everything is in full bloom today! It was a very nice parade, and activities on The Green were wonderful, with lots of things to see and do. It ends today (Saturday) 3 or 4 p.m.

Old 05-12-2023, 08:08 PM

Maybe not really “good times” but I have found a new (to me) garden center with great prices on plants and a “pick your own” strawberry patch. It is Indian Point Farm on Canterbury Road in Felton. For pick your own you are given a pail that holds about 2 quarts and the price is $4.50 a quart. There are also strawberries for sale, along with asparagus, with more crops to come later on. The greenhouse has potted and hanging plants at very good prices.

Up in Townsend I have been to the rebuilt Willey Farm on Route 13 in Townsend recently. The greenhouses are beautiful, there is a building with lots of candy brands we seniors remember from years gone by and soon the cutting garden will be open. You are given a container and scissors and cut your own flowers and there is an ice cream stand in that area. The farm suffered a devastating fire in 2019 and rebuilt everything. Only one building survived the fire. There are picnic tables near the cutting garden and a food truck is usually on site. In the building with the candy there is a counter with ice cream and cold desserts, parfaits, little cakes and cannolis. There are also gifts and garden decorations available to purchase.

Last edited by retiree2011; 05-12-2023 at 09:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware