Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 01:58 PM

243 posts, read 914,647 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of people aren't buying because either they can't afford or they are waiting for the prices to come down even more. It's been reported that prices are continuing to drop and will for the next year or two. If they aren't in a rush, they why not wait. As for me, I want to get out of where I am yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 03:30 PM

405 posts, read 1,374,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
From what the agents in TN are telling me, 100% FHA or HUD is not a problem with mid 500 score. Maybe the local economies have something to do with it. Nashvilles local economy, comparatively speaking, is fairly healthy. Of course what you would pay $400,000 for here can be had for $100k - $150k there. Prices outside of Nashville have always been reasonable, but prices in Nashville have really come down over the past year.
I would rather hear what the banks are saying than the agents. These 100% loans I bet the interest rates higher, and I bet there is mortgage insurance tacked on to it. I guarantee you it's not like it use to be, the banking industry has learned it's lesson.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:11 PM

243 posts, read 914,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laural View Post
I would rather hear what the banks are saying than the agents. These 100% loans I bet the interest rates higher, and I bet there is mortgage insurance tacked on to it. I guarantee you it's not like it use to be, the banking industry has learned it's lesson.
When we bought our first home, we put less than 20% down and had to pay mortgage insurance until we could prove that we owed less than 80% of the value of the home. Fortunately for us, we fixed up a lot in a short time and wrote the mortgage company about it. After less than one year, we didn't have to pay the mortgage insurance.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:25 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movn2del View Post
When we bought our first home, we put less than 20% down and had to pay mortgage insurance until we could prove that we owed less than 80% of the value of the home. Fortunately for us, we fixed up a lot in a short time and wrote the mortgage company about it. After less than one year, we didn't have to pay the mortgage insurance.
You were one of the smart ones, movn2del! Many don't know they can get rid of PMI, and pay it for years. PMI release makes up a small percentage of my work assignments.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:39 PM

957 posts, read 3,698,765 times
Quote:
I think a lot of people aren't buying because either they can't afford or they are waiting for the prices to come down even more. It's been reported that prices are continuing to drop and will for the next year or two. If they aren't in a rush, they why not wait. As for me, I want to get out of where I am yesterday.
I'm looking for a reasonable quick sale as well. I think the reason nothing is moving is because the seller owes more than the house is worth in our current market. They can't really take less or they won't be able to pay the bank, so the house sits on the market. At that point there are two alternatives. Foreclosure or hope the market comes back. I wouldn't hold my breath on the latter. I'm sure the market will come back at some point, but it won't happen overnight.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
That's great, it's amazing how many people don't know they don't have to continue you to pay it for ever.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:50 PM

70 posts, read 150,902 times
if Wilmington DE real-estate prices are predicted to go down 10% in just one year, then how much down may the Bear DE or Hockessin DE prices go, in your opinion?

Old 05-24-2008, 06:16 AM

70 posts, read 150,902 times
Default 50% or more down in CA foreclosures ... is DE next?

Some foreclosure scenario in CA ... is Delaware next with such foreclosure markdowns?

Old 05-25-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdelemschl View Post
Some foreclosure scenario in CA ... is Delaware next with such foreclosure markdowns?
I just moved from California, and their market is very different from Delaware's market. I don't believe it will be the same.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:55 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdelemschl View Post
What do you mean by "markdowns" ?
At sheriff sales, there's an opening bid. If the property doesn't bring X amount, it doesn't sell. I work with foreclosures......I do not sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware