Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 24,295 times

Advertisements

I live in a part of 19802 that is not in the City (Palladin Club). However I have employees that aren't residents that occasionally do a job in the City that they want wage and Head tax for.
My competitors come from PA and NJ and pay nothing to State or City but when we go to PA and NJ we have to collect Sales Tax and pay to both. Delaware by not having a Sales Tax loses big time on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 06:49 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,957,252 times
Most of us would think that DE gains a lot more from the absence of a sales tax than it would gain from having one. We are a shopping mecca for nearby residents of PA, MD and NJ due to the absence of a sales tax. The lack of a sales tax helps to maintain prosperity in DE's retail sector and the state presumably gets more income tax and real estate transaction tax than it would otherwise, i.e. were the retail sector doing less well.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,447 times
my company took out city tax from my pay check, and i was not supposed to pay it. can i get that money back?

Old 03-16-2019, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 954 times
How can the wage tax for Wilmington Delaware be raised? Does a referendum need to be accomplished and have the residence vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: