Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2008, 04:51 AM

127 posts, read 490,679 times

Advertisements

Hi all... I've been on this board a lot... as a Wilmington girl

Now I'm looking at mobile home parks in Sussex County, about 3 to 8 miles from the beaches. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on which parks you "own" your land rather than leasing, approx. how much the HOA fees are, and any other input or advice.

I have friends who lease, and it seems like such a waste of $$$. And, they can't even bring their small dog into the mobile home that they own!!!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 07:05 AM

51 posts, read 174,664 times
You should buy and own. I've rented space before and it is just as you said. You are at the mercy of the landowner. There is only one upside. If another person is causing problems it's easier to get them out of the park where if they own you are stuck with them. That's the only thing positive about renting land. When you own your land your payment stays the same and your land increases in value. The problem is affording it. Good luck

Old 07-10-2008, 07:45 AM

957 posts, read 3,702,592 times
If you can afford it, always buy the land. Leasing works when the land you are leasing is so expensive that no mere mortal could afford to buy it....Like waterfront. 5+ miles from the beach, you should be able to find something on owned land. Keep in mind, it is still close to the beach, so won't be cheap, but it won't be the +-$1m you'd spend on a waterfront lot either.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:11 AM

9,733 posts, read 14,288,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikandmari View Post
Hi all... I've been on this board a lot... as a Wilmington girl

Now I'm looking at mobile home parks in Sussex County, about 3 to 8 miles from the beaches. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on which parks you "own" your land rather than leasing, approx. how much the HOA fees are, and any other input or advice.

I have friends who lease, and it seems like such a waste of $$$. And, they can't even bring their small dog into the mobile home that they own!!!
Thanks!
There are over 20 listings of manufactured home lots, for sale in Fee Simple Ownership, down in the beach area. They start at $65,000, and are no more than 8-10 miles from the Ocean, (some closer than that). Look in: Plantation Park, Ocean View; Captain's Grant, Millville; Dogwood Acres, Dagsboro; El Rancho, Roxana. HOA fees differ in each subdivision. County taxes on the land, only, indicate between $40 to $100 per year.

Last edited by rdlr; 07-10-2008 at 09:41 AM..

Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,685,933 times
Rossc
Senior Member ( quote below)

"If you can afford it, always buy the land."

I truely agree on this rossc...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware