Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:12 AM

25 posts, read 62,205 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to relocate from New York within the next 6 to 9mths can anyone tell me how is the night life? People keep telling me Delaware is very boring nothing is going on out there. I want to buy a house in a nice safe area close to the city. Can anyone tell me where? I'm single so safety is a issue for me. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 09:50 AM

7 posts, read 24,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deelmit View Post
I'm looking to relocate from New York within the next 6 to 9mths can anyone tell me how is the night life? People keep telling me Delaware is very boring nothing is going on out there. I want to buy a house in a nice safe area close to the city. Can anyone tell me where? I'm single so safety is a issue for me. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

i found Delaware Bigger Cities (over 6000 residents) - Real Estate, Housing, Schools, Residents, Crime, Pollution, Demographics and More to helpful with a lot of my questions as far a crime rate goes.

If I may ask, where is DE are you looking to move? If you are a little bit more specific, i'm sure the wonderful people on this board will point you in the right direction.

i am also looking in to moving to DE and found everybody on here was VERY helpful, kind and considerate!

Best of luck with your search!

-Laurie

Old 06-09-2008, 10:03 AM

25 posts, read 62,205 times
I'm not sure yet. I'm not all that familiar with Delaware. I will say I'm a city girl. I need to be close by the city.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:12 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
Quote:
Omigosh, you gave me a real scare w/ the title, I thought something bad happened .

I don't live in DE but I think it's like most other places, people are people, you usually have to go out and make friends etc. Probably a larger city would offer more nightlife but that said, I prob. wouldn't base a move on the nighlife (although things being equal, that might enter in). I've joined some meetup groups in my state and have met some great people w/ similar interests, that might be an avenue you'd want to check out. Once you get a job, you'll make friends, those friends will have friends etc.

Wasnt quite sure what city you want to buy a house near and what the price range is (although it's pretty premature as sometimes even w/ the best laid plans, things have a way of changing).

Anyway, probably more info would help. In the meantime, feel free to peruse some of the many posts here that may be helpful to your situation and good luck

Old 06-09-2008, 02:48 PM

405 posts, read 1,375,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Omigosh, you gave me a real scare w/ the title, I thought something bad happened .
Me too, especially with all the exclamation points, I thought someone was dead or dying. LOL We are a sensitive group.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:07 PM

957 posts, read 3,699,977 times
Quote:
I'm not sure yet. I'm not all that familiar with Delaware. I will say I'm a city girl. I need to be close by the city.
If by "city girl" you mean the kind of activity that NYC would provide, you probably won't find Delaware very appealing. The closest you'll get will be Newark/Wilmington. Safe is relative. If you want safe in heart the city, it will cost HUUUUUGE amounts of money. Read gated urban communities. Safe becomes cheaper that further from the city you get. This applies to just about any city.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:52 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,416,040 times
Your post is very messy. Do you mean you're from New York City, and you want to be close to New York City, or Wilmington, or Philly? Which city?

You're also classifying a whole strip of land 100 miles long.

Reply with more specific info and we can tell you what you're getting into. If you are from NYC, what neighborhood are you moving from?

Old 07-08-2008, 03:40 AM

95 posts, read 355,929 times
I've lived in Delaware for 8 years and it was the worst thing i've ever done.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:53 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcabrer1 View Post
I've lived in Delaware for 8 years and it was the worst thing i've ever done.

Would you like to explain why?

Old 07-28-2008, 02:25 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times
I changed the title from HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which is totally excess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware