Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 07:42 PM

8 posts, read 37,277 times

Advertisements

I might be relocating for a job in North Wilmington and am thinking of living in South Jersey since my spouse needs to work in Princeton. Does anyone have any experience commuting from towns like Mt Laurel or Moorestown? How long does it take? Which bridge is the least crowded? Are there other towns that make sense? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 08:01 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
My husband travels that area often and says to expect a commute of about one hour. The closest bridge for you into North Wilmington is the Barry Bridge in Chester, but he actually recommends the Betsy Ross because it has less traffic generally. There is a fairly new exit that will put you right onto 95S. He says that if you take the Barry Bridge that you would hit a lot of traffic at the 42 junction. In the morning, most traffic is going North, but he says to expect some heavy traffic in the a.m. He doesn't know of any area that would be any more convenient for the two of you, and he thinks that Mt. Laurel is probably the best. Coming into Wilmington, your commute will be the busiest because you are coming by the Philly area.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:26 PM

3 posts, read 9,630 times
hi there. i live in haddonfield, nj which is a little bit closer to delaware than mt laurel or moorestown and travel to wilmington quite a bit--as many of my friends and family live there, and i occasionally travel down for work. i would definitely take the commodore barry bridge onto 95south because there is virtually never any traffic, unlike taking the walt whitman. as the prior post mentioned there can be some congestion around 42, but once you pass there it is smooth sailing. the betsy ross may be closer for you to get on a major highway than driving down 295 but then you will be driving south on 95 past center city which i would think would also be backed up heading into the city, though i personally have not driven it. i can usually get into north wilmington (naamans/marsh road) in 30-35 mins during rush hour--though again i live pretty close to 295, and it would depend where in delaware you are going. to get to my work off delaware avenue (exit 7) it takes 45 mins door to door..if i were you i would consider haddonfield, or even cherry hill or voorhees which are all nice towns and close to 295 for you and your husband.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:45 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,208,904 times
I would agree you are much better off on 295 in NJ. 95 through Delaware County and Philadlephia can be quite a headache especially around the 476 interchange. Throw in inclement weather/accident I-95 is an absolute nightmare.If you are working in N Wilmington 295 to the Commodore Barry Bridge would be the way to go imo. Traffic lessens considerably from Com Barry into Wilm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: