U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 01:31 PM

59 posts, read 155,110 times

Advertisements

Hi All, we are looking to build a new home in greater dover area... and are looking at 3 builders (Mainly because they are the only builders offering townhome)

Right now we are looking at clearview meadows (PCS Home) and Eden Hills (Ryan Homes). Ryan home seems to be offering a bit more competititve pricing but the development community is right next to Kraft factory.
Anyone familiar with PCS Home or Ryan homes in the area? Any info would be appreciated!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 02:40 PM

87 posts, read 291,097 times
Our house was built by Ashburn. While we like our home, Ashburn was not easy to deal with --- we eventually gave up on a pretty major issue, which is probably what he wanted. (During the walk-through on the day of settlement, there were many, many things that were not complete -- the son just kept saying "we'll handle that, we'll get to that, etc." but we had nothing in writing.....needless to say, many of these things never got done). A friend of ours purchased a Ryan home and has nothing but great things to say about their purchase. I think Eden Hill is going to be a great place to live once it's complete.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:37 PM

107 posts, read 280,587 times
we purchased a ryan home, we allso looked at pcs and ashburn. theyve been pretty good at taking care of the few problems we've had so far. the only thing with eden hill is go look at the "neighborhood" there is only one row of houses built, and its been like that for almost a year now (unless something has changed within the last month.) to me it would seem weird to live in a townhouse with one row in the middle of nowhere. check it out for yourself.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:21 PM

12 posts, read 41,355 times
sounds like dealing with the handler homes company kat196. good luck to you. we are still waiting to get our stuff finished.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,900 times
I would go with ryans home because my friend just got a home from then and its very nice and he had a go deal.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:42 PM

2 posts, read 8,433 times
Default Ryan Homes.

I currently have a home built by Ryan. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:51 AM

4 posts, read 11,331 times
Default Ryan Homes

Militarymum, What was wrong with your Ryan home. I was looking at them for a home in Willowwood, a 55+ community. Thanks, Frank44

Old 05-16-2009, 03:40 PM

324 posts, read 1,143,407 times
I live in a Ryan home in Glasgow - they have been good with any issues that we have had with the house.
Overall build quality is average and I still find little things here and there not done perfectly 7 years later.

One word of caution, do your research about the land use plans around the neighborhood. The salesman lied through his teeth to sell the houses about the land use around the neighborhood. Fortunately, the internet has so much more information now than it did 7-8 yrs ago and you can see who owns what land, what it is zoned for or see planned road projects.
Our neighborhood borders on state Del-DOT owned land originally planned as the on-ramps for the 301 extended to I-95 (the missing exit #2). Also, there was commercial zone behind the neighborhood that could have been home to a massive office park - would not have been fun in the morning getting out or the evening getting in.
Thankfully, it looks like 301 will not be routed here and the commercial land was acquired for the YMCA, the state police troop 2 and Canal Little League's new fields. We got lucky...but if I had been able to research the area, I would NOT have bought my house...

Even in different neighborhoods with higher-end builders, they didn't disclose until asked about apartments planned in the community - ask the questions and have them noted and documented by the builder with recourse if it isn't correct - exactly what that would be is up to you. They will balk but the time to make house sales is now if ever...

Old 04-18-2012, 12:56 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,407,203 times
What happened to Eden Hills? I just called a sales rep. The project is now 3 years in: 77 units sold but saled for 650. So that's 25/year to date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware