Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 02:38 AM

494 posts, read 804,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Off of Long Neck Rd.Turn in Pot Nets Bayside entrance , Go straight to Bay and turn left. It is on the point. Bare feet in sand weather permitting.
Interesting place to put such a place. I like the idea though. Sounds sorta like the rudder but without having to go to Dewey and all that mess. Does Pot Nets still have it's security force and shacks at the entrance?

Quote:
OMG It's been a long time but I remember when the line at this place was for ice cream. Packed bar/restaurant tonight with decent singer. I'm glad I wasn't one of the crew trying to get through the crowd serving food and drinks.
Was gonna ask about that and thus the ice cream place. This is a better idea though. If memory serves i remember the idea being talked about back when but people living in there were afraid of the drunks, noise, etc on the streets and didn't like the idea. Long Neck has had a number of bars/restaurants ( as you know ) but this type of place ( on the water ) was sorely lacking that i atleast thought was needed and would go over well. I may have to drop in and check it out when i come later this summer.

Now all that is left to be done is connecting the end of Long Neck with rt 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 04:52 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBTL View Post

Now all that is left to be done is connecting the end of Long Neck with rt 1.
:crying No No No!!!

Old 05-29-2013, 12:12 AM

494 posts, read 804,761 times
Quote:
:crying No No No!!!

Do they still discuss doing that? I doubt it ever happens ( too costly for one ) but ofcourse stranger things have happened.

While it has it's benefit ( quick route to beach ) it has it's downsides and thus traffic, crazy development etc which would ruin the area.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:14 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBTL View Post

Do they still discuss doing that? I doubt it ever happens ( too costly for one ) but ofcourse stranger things have happened.

While it has it's benefit ( quick route to beach ) it has it's downsides and thus traffic, crazy development etc which would ruin the area.
I remember talk about that years ago. Fortunately I don't believe it's been mentioned for a few years now.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:37 AM

9,723 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
RDLR--is it just me, or were too many out-of-state visitors overly obnoxious this Memorial Day weekend?? I made the mistake of driving two miles east (!!) to get my Dunkin' fix in Bethany on Sat., and then I stopped in at my gym in Ocean View on the way home. The attitude was totally different (loud, too overbearing) at Dunkin' compared to the laid back feeling I always get going in there. Of course, I just started visiting this new Dunkin' at the end of last summer. Oh, and my gym....ran into some hard core snobs with NO sense of humor whatsoever, and they definitely weren't locals/residents. I also encountered some people who seem to lack proper manners and/or social skills on my walk today, and I know they don't live here either. That's the thing about "living here"--no matter where they're from or how wealthy they are, I have NEVER run into a snob or unfriendly person who owns a home and lives here for most of the year. The summer-only visitors, however, are a totally different animal. Most are pretty pleasant, but for some reason there seems to be more annoying and just downright mean ones this year; I started noticing this earlier this month. I sure hope it gets better so I can still retain some of my sanity by the end of the summer. And-- don't even get me started on some of the innovative driving techniques I witnessed. I was so mortified that I never left my house the rest of the weekend after I came home from my coffee and gym trip on Saturday.
Agree. It gets worse every year, and most out-of-state visitors are more in-your-face when it comes to being rude and impudent. There are a few different variations, as you mentioned. I never learn; it's always surprising to me that most of these people fear eye contact and a smile. We, in Delaware, are accustomed to speaking to everyone, know them or not. When coming and going in and out of stores, I always look at their license tag as they load up. Yep! - out-of-stater, usually from the North!

I've done some volunteer work, like beach clean-up once in awhile. I'm beginning to get an attitude about that, unfortunately.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:56 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
By far, Bombay Hook NWR.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:24 AM

23 posts, read 50,603 times
Thank you all for the feedback. We will most likely take your advice rdlr and visit Delaware in those 2-3 day excursions (over time) you recommended. As for Fibonacci's reply, I know Maryland well and have vacationed in PA often. I agree, these are two really beautiful States, but until I visit Delaware, I prefer to think of it as that tiny jewel nestled nearby. So while my exploration juices are bubbling, I'll take your advice with a grain of salt.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:57 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,156,539 times
Many things, but the superior (and classier than Jersey shore) beaches are a big one. The parks, the generally reputable politicians, and Wilmington is becoming more interesting every year.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:38 PM

814 posts, read 2,043,645 times
the 7th street boatyard/honky tonk country bar/restaurant that was owned by good ole dick grant. Its at the end of 7th street in Wilmington down from the big floating replica pirate ship where the Christiana river meets the Delaware.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,570 times
Beachliz, my parents built a home in South Bethany in late 1950's. no one was down there. I spent 28 wonderful years in Bayview Park. Over the years more and more snobs came down and acted like they "owned" Bethany. I now live in North Carolina and go to the beaches here. When I went back to visit the area last year, I was sorry to see so many out of state plates. I loved the slower lower Delaware way back when.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware