Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 05:21 AM

30 posts, read 69,020 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My husband and I moved to DE three months ago. We've been living in a temporary apartment and are getting ready to purchase a home. We've narrowed our search down to Middletown. I wanted to get your opinions on several neighborhoods there: Longmeadow, Dove Run, The Legends, and Augustine Creek.

Does anyone live there or know someone who does? They all seem like really nice areas but is one area better than the others? Any major crime issues that you're aware of? Any and all advice would be welcome! Thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 10:13 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,344,730 times
I know several people who have lived in The Legends and they really liked it. I also know several realtors who indicated that there were problems with the homes in Dove Run, but I don't know that first hand.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:01 AM

377 posts, read 1,114,966 times
Try this website Point2homes.com

Old 07-27-2009, 07:45 AM

347 posts, read 863,442 times
Can someone fill me in on The Legends? We are relocating from NJ soon and our family loves to golf. Are homes holding their value there? How is the Middle School? And....how bad is the traffic? Thanks!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:51 PM

3 posts, read 10,539 times
Lotta resales in The Legends so you might be able to pick up a home in there cheaper due to alot of competition . Augustine Creek is very pretty !!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:06 AM

347 posts, read 863,442 times
We purchased a home in The Legends. There were not (what I would consider )a lot of resale homes to select from (compared to other communities that we looked at in Middletown) but what was available was affordable and nice. It has been wonderful. The neighborhood has been very welcoming. The golf is great, schools have been good, traffic not bad (compared to NJ!) and plenty of retail, etc close to home.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:11 PM

2 posts, read 9,131 times
Default Augustine Creek is awful!!

Legends is a nice community and there is also parkside which is great. I would stay away from Augustine Creek unless you like rap and watching 4 wheelers go past your house at all times of the day. Model homes show great but after 2 years the homes show wear of a 20 year old home.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:20 PM

445 posts, read 1,435,900 times
Crime problem areas are Middletown Village, across Rt 301 from the Legends, and Lake Street, in the older part of Middletown. The Legends was built by Handler, a good area builder. I also know people in both Dove Run and Longmeadow. They are built well but they are tract homes and has the same issues any tract home have. No major issues.

Most of the commercial development is planned for the RT 301 corridor, but the east side is slated for a hospital complex across from Longmeadow, the city police dept opened in front of the development and a Wawa is also going in right now. The land east of Longmeadow is slated for townhome development.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:07 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,880,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I know several people who have lived in The Legends and they really liked it. I also know several realtors who indicated that there were problems with the homes in Dove Run, but I don't know that first hand.
I live in dove run and wonder, what kinds of problems you are talking about ? there were 4 builders who built different styles of homes and I did not meet anyone, who was unhappy with his buy.
It has been five years now for us and we are pretty happy (we are not a big fan of HOA, but that's what you have to live with, I guess ...)

here's our website http://www.doverunhomeowners.com/

the only thing we miss is a community playground, sadly the builders saved some money on that one.
Lots of kids and they walk to school (brick mill), that was one of our main reasons to buy here.

I also think, the legends are quite nice, offer pool and a pub too. I have a friend living there, the only thing she was not happy about was the elementary school (silver lake) - but I know lots of kids, who love this school - it's always a matter of opinion, I guess.

Last edited by queenofbavaria; 01-25-2010 at 09:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware