Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 06:33 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon_Tracy View Post
Just joined the site and thought I would say hello.
Welcome Lemon_Tracy. You'll find a nice mix of folks here at the Delaware forum. There are some who live in Delaware and others like myself who are planning to make the move.

I hope your experience with the forum is pleasant and enjoyable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 06:44 AM

9,717 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Just joined the site and thought I would say hello.
I live in Newark, have all my life. Single mom with a 9 yr old girl and 5 yr old boy.
In case you're wondering, my name is referring to the U2 song "Lemon". Serious U2 fan.
Hi Lemon_Tracy! Wonderful to see another "Lifer" on here
I'm one, myself. I always enjoyed Newark, and worked at UD a few years, in Mitchell Hall. Main Street, was my favorite place to stroll in those days, as well as the Mall area of UD. The squirrels, I remember would jump in your lap and steal lunch if they got a chance. Is the Stone Balloon gone? I have stories about the Deer Park, and our family history. Quite colorful! Our childrens' orthodontists were on Main Street, too....Dr. Collins, Dr. Ron, etc. I spent a lot of time there!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:09 AM

50 posts, read 65,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Hi Lemon_Tracy! Wonderful to see another "Lifer" on here
I'm one, myself. I always enjoyed Newark, and worked at UD a few years, in Mitchell Hall. Main Street, was my favorite place to stroll in those days, as well as the Mall area of UD. The squirrels, I remember would jump in your lap and steal lunch if they got a chance. Is the Stone Balloon gone? I have stories about the Deer Park, and our family history. Quite colorful! Our childrens' orthodontists were on Main Street, too....Dr. Collins, Dr. Ron, etc. I spent a lot of time there!
I'm a UD alumnist as well....ashamed to say I haven't been down main street in awhile. Too busy with the kids. However, I'm pretty sure that the Stone Balloon was torn down

Old 12-01-2009, 10:22 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Quote:
I'm a UD alumnist as well....ashamed to say I haven't been down main street in awhile. Too busy with the kids. However, I'm pretty sure that the Stone Balloon was torn down
Looks like it's there in a more upscale mode then what I remember it - The Stone Balloon Winehouse - Wine Bar, Casual Fine Dining Restaurant , Live Music, & Happy Hour on Main Street in Newark, DE

Welcome Lemon! I'm the DE mod but live in PA. I was born and raised in Delaware as was my husband. We also lived in Delaware County PA for 6 years with our backyard border being the actual state line. We now live in Lehigh County, PA.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:16 PM

Well, today reconfirms one thing - wherever I land, they have to shovel the snow for me.

In NY we had about 4-5 inches of snow followed by very heavy rain. So I've been shoveling heavy slush on and off all day. It's almost done. And some am I. I'm definitely not able to shovel snow like I did years ago.

How was it in Delaware today. Snow? Rain? Mix? Did you get a little sun?

Old 12-09-2009, 04:03 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
A load of flooding today Charley. I left at 8 for an appointment in a miserable rainy dreary day.
Homes on some of the back roads had front and back yards resembling lakes. The most flooding I have seen since I have been here.
By afternoon the sun was out and temps mild.

I can pretty much say when you move to DE........you will not be shoveling AS much as in NY.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:15 PM

388 posts, read 998,173 times
[quote=Charley;11957208]Well, today reconfirms one thing - wherever I land, they have to shovel the snow for me.

In NY we had about 4-5 inches of snow followed by very heavy rain. So I've been shoveling heavy slush on and off all day. It's almost done. And some am I. I'm definitely not able to shovel snow like I did years ago.quote]

Same here today, Charley, in Maine. We have had almost 10", now changing to rain, which will freeze all this slush into ice in time for my early morning drive to work. Hubby is collapsed and sleeping right now in front of the tube. He also spent the better part of the day shoveling snow - it was too wet and heavy to use the snowthrower! I have already mentioned TWICE this season "You won't have to do this in DE", didn't have the heart to rub it in again.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:14 AM

The plans for our lunch at the end of the month have changed. If you had expressed an interest, I've emailed the details to you. If you had not yet expressed an interest and would like to attend, please send me an email by clicking on my name, then clicking "Send Email to Charley".

Thanks.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:22 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Just a quick note to wish everyone on the Delaware forum a wonderful Christmas. If you are traveling, I hope you have a safe drive and if you are expecting company, I hope your visit is stress-less and filled with laughter. Hugs for all!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:44 AM

388 posts, read 998,173 times
I want to add our holiday wishes to those on the DE forum, also. Safe travels, fun times, quiet reflections, and lots of food! Here's to 2010 being the healthiest and happiest for us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware