Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 04:04 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,420,365 times

Advertisements

Huge congrats on your decision Charley, am sure you'll be very happy there, nice that you already have cyber pals in the area too, looking forward to hearing how everyone's homes are progressing from the dirt to the construction and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Susie,

I'm looking forward to it. Marlene and I will be down at the end of March with a check for Ed. We're choosing the Augusta model at Champions Club. We have no idea what our timing will be, given Marlene's employment and the insurance issue - but our choice is made.

Charley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 04:10 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,420,365 times
Oh my, rdlr, doing the actual polar bear plunge - ?! You're braver than myself for even considering it, am always amazed at those who really go ahead w/ it, i get cold just looking at them on TV!

PS Also sending some bright yellow daffodils your way as your posts rock, enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Thank you, all. Your comments are like receiving a huge bouquet of bright yellow daffodils on January 14th!

Or, as some of us say in Delaware:
You Make Me Prouder Than a Pig With Two Tails!

susieC, Always glad to help! We're so looking forward to your arrival, along with others. Don't panic, though. I won't be leaving a jam-packed itinerary on your doorstep! By summer a new contingent will be in place, I figure. Great timing! I've met many newcomers who've really enhanced our State, and I've learned so much from some very nice people. Since I've never lived anywhere else, you are a breath of fresh air.

BTW, Let it be known, that CaroleM and MaryCh are also no slouches and have a wealth of information regarding Delaware, although they are much quieter than me. But when they also turn 70, their Certified Letter of Delaware Know-It-All will undoubtedly be in the mail.

Mary, for the two young men -
I'm planning to do the Lewes Polar Bear Plunge, down at Rehoboth Beach in February, benefiting the Special Olympics. I said "planning" .

Old 01-14-2010, 04:15 PM

388 posts, read 998,369 times
Our congratulations to you also, Charley and Marlene! I am positive your home will be wonderful and your choices right on target as you have done yeoman's work in the research department. All the rest of us have learned so much from your investigations. Have you picked out a lot # yet? Again, so happy for you and now........take a deep breath and sigh. You did it!!! When we go down in April, we will have to check out everyone's dirt heap (Can't Wait over there, Charley over here, etc ).

Old 01-14-2010, 04:15 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
So it's official!!!!!!! Charley and Marlene will be our neighbors. YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Congratulations. Hey ya never know we just might move all our belongings over the back yard and join y'all in Champions Club someday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Huge congrats on your decision Charley, am sure you'll be very happy there, nice that you already have cyber pals in the area too, looking forward to hearing how everyone's homes are progressing from the dirt to the building and beyond
Thank you both very much. I have some cyber pals, and some real pals, and some acquaintances who I'd like to be pals with some day. It's very exciting for us.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Our congratulations to you also, Charley and Marlene! I am positive your home will be wonderful and your choices right on target as you have done yeoman's work in the research department. All the rest of us have learned so much from your investigations. Have you picked out a lot # yet? Again, so happy for you and now........take a deep breath and sigh. You did it!!! When we go down in April, we will have to check out everyone's dirt heap
Thanks LE. I've learned so much from you all as well. It's a wonderful sharing that I hope we continue with the next group of folks who find us and have some questions.

Choosing a lot will be interesting. It will be a "revolving" lot because of the length of time it might take for us to actually get there. We would never want to hold up anyone who might be ready to move into a lot that we are "holding".

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Can't Wait over there, Charley over here, etc )
... and Frank and Judy, and Susie C, and maybe NapaJoe ... and From PA accross the street ...

Old 01-14-2010, 05:26 PM

392 posts, read 990,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Oh my, rdlr, doing the actual polar bear plunge - ?! You're braver than myself for even considering it, am always amazed at those who really go ahead w/ it, i get cold just looking at them on TV!
PS Also sending some bright yellow daffodils your way as your posts rock, enjoy!
Mary........should we go watch rdlr in the Polar Bear Plunge? It would be fun and we could bring a heavy blanket.... makes me cold just thinking about it........brrrrrrrrr

Old 01-15-2010, 07:16 AM

135 posts, read 298,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Susie,

I'm looking forward to it. Marlene and I will be down at the end of March with a check for Ed. We're choosing the Augusta model at Champions Club. We have no idea what our timing will be, given Marlene's employment and the insurance issue - but our choice is made.

Charley
Charley and Mrs. Charley, what wonderful news! Doesn't it feel great to make that decision? Wish it was June!

Old 01-15-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieC View Post
Doesn't it feel great to make that decision?
It really does.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:01 AM

903 posts, read 3,505,155 times
CaroleM, the boys and I go to Rehobeth every year to cheer on the "nuts" that are "plunging"... as I have posted before, our now 15 year old has autism and benefits HUGELY from his involvement with Special Olympics. Our youngest child is now old enough to be a unified partner, and our oldest even helped coach bowling this year! Gotta get the entire family involved, right???

Anyway, back to the plunge... CaroleM, you are quite welcome to ride with us to the beach... let me know if that sounds do-able. And rdlr... you ARE a gem! I am only brave enough to wrap up tight and hoot and holler, but you and all the others, bless you one and all! The plunge is just in a few weeks... let's hope the weather is as good as it can be for February!

Old 01-15-2010, 08:54 AM

9,719 posts, read 14,257,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
CaroleM, the boys and I go to Rehobeth every year to cheer on the "nuts" that are "plunging"... as I have posted before, our now 15 year old has autism and benefits HUGELY from his involvement with Special Olympics. Our youngest child is now old enough to be a unified partner, and our oldest even helped coach bowling this year! Gotta get the entire family involved, right???

Anyway, back to the plunge... CaroleM, you are quite welcome to ride with us to the beach... let me know if that sounds do-able. And rdlr... you ARE a gem! I am only brave enough to wrap up tight and hoot and holler, but you and all the others, bless you one and all! The plunge is just in a few weeks... let's hope the weather is as good as it can be for February!
People are really in to fund raising for good causes, in Delaware. I have no doubt they are in other states, also, but Delaware is so small that we hear about events quite frequently, and they unite many Delawareans up and down the state. I know lots of Delawareans who routinely 'give back' unselfishly. The camaraderie in this state is awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware