Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 08:12 AM

49 posts, read 71,291 times

Advertisements

Was watching the Dr. Oz show a few weeks back, and tried his advertised alternative process to whiter teeth. Ive been doing this now for 2.5 weeks each day and my teeth are ALOT whiter, very very noticeable and im still drinking 2 cups of coffee each day. I thought id pass along the recipe as my little Christmas gift to you all :

Pour out a small amount of baking soda onto a plate then add some 100% pure Lemon Juice Concentrate to it. Youll notice it bubbling . Mix it up quickly then immediately apply it to your teeth using a tooth brush -- no need to rub hard....just coat all your teeth. Leave it on your teeth for no longer than ONE MINUTE...then rinse it out with water . Finally , brush your teeth as you normally do using a flouride toothpaste .

I first started noticing the difference after just 4 days, but after 2.5 weeks its astounding. No need for those expensive remedies -- this Dr. Oz method works real well.

Good luck. Peter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 08:06 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMePeter View Post
Was watching the Dr. Oz show a few weeks back, and tried his advertised alternative process to whiter teeth. Ive been doing this now for 2.5 weeks each day and my teeth are ALOT whiter, very very noticeable and im still drinking 2 cups of coffee each day. I thought id pass along the recipe as my little Christmas gift to you all :

Pour out a small amount of baking soda onto a plate then add some 100% pure Lemon Juice Concentrate to it. Youll notice it bubbling . Mix it up quickly then immediately apply it to your teeth using a tooth brush -- no need to rub hard....just coat all your teeth. Leave it on your teeth for no longer than ONE MINUTE...then rinse it out with water . Finally , brush your teeth as you normally do using a flouride toothpaste .

I first started noticing the difference after just 4 days, but after 2.5 weeks its astounding. No need for those expensive remedies -- this Dr. Oz method works real well.

Good luck. Peter.
The PH of baking soda is 8.2. The ph of lemon juice is 2.3. That means that the resulting mixure is approximately 5.25 or highly acidic.

Acid erodes teeth enamel. The reason your teeth are getting whiter is because the STAINED ENAMEL is being dissolved by the acidity.

You would be well advised to stop doing this immediately. If you need to have your teeth whiter, then I suggest you go to a dentist or esthetician or someone who has been trained to whiten teeth using safe (non-acidic) materials.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-25-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The PH of baking soda is 8.2. The ph of lemon juice is 2.3. That means that the resulting mixure is approximately 5.25 or highly acidic.

Acid erodes teeth enamel. The reason your teeth are getting whiter is because the STAINED ENAMEL is being dissolved by the acidity.

You would be well advised to stop doing this immediately. If you need to have your teeth whiter, then I suggest you go to a dentist or esthetician or someone who has been trained to whiten teeth using safe (non-acidic) materials.

20yrsinBranson
You are correct which is why Dr. Oz said to leave the mixture on your teeth for no more than one minute. Now i have my teeth to the whiteness i want, im going to delay using the remedy until they get brown again from coffee drinking.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:49 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,346,279 times
I used to do the same thing, but w/ hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Rinse it off after 30 sec/one minute. Do not swallow of course. Works well, but I would only do it a couple times a year. Haven't done it in years now though, this thread made me remember. I had a dentist tell me it was OK.... but that was a few decades ago. Don't know what current thinking is.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
I used to do the same thing, but w/ hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Rinse it off after 30 sec/one minute. Do not swallow of course. Works well, but I would only do it a couple times a year. Haven't done it in years now though, this thread made me remember. I had a dentist tell me it was OK.... but that was a few decades ago. Don't know what current thinking is.
I would imagine that even coke a cola with baking soda would work well too.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:27 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,051,109 times
Quote:

Good luck. Peter.
Well I can see it working because lemon is an acid and baking soda is abrasive. I also use the same mixture to remove break dust from the rims on my car.

busta

Old 12-25-2010, 08:24 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
Well I can see it working because lemon is an acid and baking soda is abrasive. I also use the same mixture to remove break dust from the rims on my car.

busta
Somehow, putting a solution in my mouth that can also be used to remove break dust from the rims of a car is not very reassuring as being safe and effective. IYKWIM.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-26-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Somehow, putting a solution in my mouth that can also be used to remove break dust from the rims of a car is not very reassuring as being safe and effective. IYKWIM.

20yrsinBranson
Lemon juice is a mild and non toxic acid . And im sure they wouldnt allow Dr. Oz to promote using it with baking soda to 10 million Viewers, if it were detrimental .

Old 05-17-2011, 12:09 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,201,389 times
Quote:
Lemon juice is a mild and non toxic acid . And im sure they wouldnt allow Dr. Oz to promote using it with baking soda to 10 million Viewers, if it were detrimental .
Thank you.

I searched for this thread because I've been using Aquafresh White Trays "visibly whiter teeth in 3 days". The trays are used once/day for 7 days. I'm on day 4. Well...they did appear visibly whiter in my bathroom. Yesterday, I looked in my rearview mirror and they looked horribly yellow. Don't know what to think.

Had heard stories about tooth and gum sensivity after using teeth whiteners, so instead of 45 min have been using for only 30 min. Surely that can't make a huge difference?

I will finish trays and start to use the soda/lemon juice remedy. Wish me luck. BTW, I use tooth soap instead of toothpaste. The soap re-enamelizes the teeth. You Trolls will have a Hey-Day with this one LOL!!! P.S. No, I'm not selling anything.

Last edited by 'M'; 05-17-2011 at 12:40 PM..

Old 05-17-2011, 01:10 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,571 times
Doesn't citric acid wear down your enamel? Hell no I won't do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health