Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 09:08 PM

16 posts, read 24,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
nothing you said was really rude but it's very difficult to read and understand and have other people take you seriously and when you don't use any punctuation and make the entire post one long run-on sentence and you should actually read your post before you submit it to see what it looks like and when I see these types of posts I usually just quit reading it and go on to the next post because its just so painful to read one long stream of consciousness post when punctuation and proof-reading the post before you submit it is all it takes
You do realize that your entire post is one run on sentence. Yet, you are telling this kid that you don't want to read their post because it's a run on sentence.

Pot meet kettle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 08:13 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.ward0402 View Post
You do realize that your entire post is one run on sentence. Yet, you are telling this kid that you don't want to read their post because it's a run on sentence.

Pot meet kettle.
I do believe you missed toofache's point. You might want to read his other posts.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:58 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,780,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I do believe you missed toofache's point. You might want to read his other posts.
Thanks for picking up on this. Irony and sarcasm is difficult to convey with a keyboard.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 7,634 times
Default Exposed jawbone and raging abscess in mouth after excision

In February 2016, an oral surgeon removed a shattered back, bottom tooth. #31 I think.

When I returned for my one week follow-up I asked "What is this sharp thing poking into my tongue? I am in extreme pain in the area of excision."

He said it was exposed jawbone and skin would cover it soon.

Five weeks later I returned and said "The point is sharp, the skin won't cover it because it pokes through the skin. I'm still in extreme pain. Can you shave it down?"

He said shaving it held a high possibility of causing paralysis of the right side of my face due to the bundle of nerves running through the area.

I asked "Would YOU do it if it was YOUR mouth?" He shook his head "no, the risk is too great".

Three months later, I now have an abscess in that area and infection in my lymph nodes. My regular dentist has me on Clindamycin but the infection rages on, I'm in PAIN, and the sharp bone is still there. I can't keep an exposed jawbone in a mouth full of bacteria, and I'm wondering WHAT would cause a smooth jawbone to have a sharp POINT on it.

If this is allowed to continue, I'm worried about the bacteria reaching my heart or brain.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 6,916 times
Finding it hard to get any sleep these days or waking up suddenly in the middle of the night and not able to get back to sleep. If so, you’re probably suffering from Insomnia. Insomnia affects millions worldwide and is often caused due to several underlying conditions, ranging from depression to anxiety disorders. Often Insomnia can be characterized as primary and secondary Insomnia, nighttimesleep.com - sleep better.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 5,925 times
Recently went to dentist for bone spur coming through gum on left wisdom tooth in the area beside my tongue. Can feel it whe I rub my tongue across it. Happened after eating popcorn and hurts to chew on that side. Dentist prescribed a antibiotic paste to apply 3 to 4 times a day. If it doesn't heal in a few days come back in and he will numb it up real good and go in and shave off the bone spur. And oh yeah, He let me know popcorn is no longer part of my diet.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:58 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlynnjones View Post
Recently went to dentist for bone spur coming through gum on left wisdom tooth in the area beside my tongue. Can feel it whe I rub my tongue across it. Happened after eating popcorn and hurts to chew on that side. Dentist prescribed a antibiotic paste to apply 3 to 4 times a day. If it doesn't heal in a few days come back in and he will numb it up real good and go in and shave off the bone spur. And oh yeah, He let me know popcorn is no longer part of my diet.
I believe that popcorn is THE most single handedly destructive thing you can eat. I have shattered crowns and gotten husks wedged under my gumline causing infection from popcorn. It also is bad for the stomach. I never eat it anymore in any form, just not worth it....

Old 01-17-2017, 04:46 AM

1 posts, read 5,873 times
I have a hole in my tooth and my gum is pushing out from it. when i especially unexpectedly lock my teeth together it causes pain. Any explanations? i have an appointment soon, i just want to be aware.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 5,340 times
I would like to respond to dentist 101. I believe you are incorrect that shards only occur after extractions. I am 63, and the last time I had any teeth pulled was when I was about 20, so that’s 43 years ago. I’ve had several of these nasty little shards, and have one as of this date. I wouldn’t think it would take 43 years for a sliver to work its way out to the gum surface!

You also mention that they are “nothing to worry about”. The episodes I’ve had are excruciating. I’m unable to chew on the affected side, and if a bit of salt gets onto the exposed bone, it brings tears to my eyes. This tends to worry me.

Respectfully submitted for review.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 5,166 times
Unhappy pain bone protrudes months after wisdom tooth removal

I went to an oral surgeon on Aug 31. I had the upper and lower left wisdom teeth removed (even though I only had a cracked lower wisdom tooth that needed removal). The surgeon said they always take them out in pairs. I am not having a problem with the upper space, but the lower one has solid bone coming through the inside back gum area beside where the tooth was. At first, it seemed almost like a pimple that was very painful. I went to my regular dentist on Oct 11, and he said it was likely a bone fragment. When he got in there, he found that it was solid bone that would not move even though he drilled into it. Now, I feel another place behind the first one, and I can feel bone in both areas. This is the most painful sore mouth I have ever had. My regular dentist did not really say what to do about it except to take Ibuprofen, and he did not offer any antibiotics. I will call him tomorrow to see if there is anything else I can do. I sure won't have the other wisdom teeth removed on the left unless it is absolutely necessary. I read on another post that it is easier on a person when wisdom teeth are removed when you are younger. I am 74 years old, so maybe that is why I am having such a bad experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health