Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 09:32 PM

319 posts, read 279,697 times

Advertisements

I know this thread is older, but I feel i must comment. My silver fillings are cracking and falling apart, or leaking. One, #14? Has been pulled, bone graft and prp and all done to get winged pontic soon...a carlson bridge.$$$$$$$
Found teeny crack in 30 molar after cone ct and chose to have it bonded. No pain. No infection. Have no periodontal issues, gaps are at most a 2 in spots. A couple. Most are 1. 1.5.
Dentist wanted to crown #30. I refused for I was saving $$$ for bridge for #14.

Paid $800 for the 30 molar amalgam remove, ozone etc, had bonding.
Two months later there was so much pain, throbbing and molar was loose!
First time for any issue.

Chose to pull.
Slight infection. No pulp infiltration of infection. Now, i am needing an implant. Zirconium, gor #30 is necessary. Holistic dentist in chicago. Wrigleyville. What a farse they are.

Why are my fillings cracking and falling apart? Age???? They are a bit over 50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 09:35 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,778,843 times
Your fillings are over 50 years old?? I would say you got your money’s worth out of them.
Ozone?? Find a new dentist.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:44 PM

319 posts, read 279,697 times
I didnt know they would start to fall apart. I asked dentist if i should remove and he said to wait.
I am sad that they the metal ones, hid smaller cracks and was recently told I should have had them removed.
I have a new dentist. She is great. Problems began just the last few months! I am a bit concerned.

But thanks. I just wanted to share my experience.
The ct showed quite a bit. I recommend the ct. My cost, out of pocket was 149 for just 14 and 30 molars. $149.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:54 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,778,843 times
Your original teeth were made by God Himself. And you managed to tear them up somehow. Anything man-made to replace the damaged tooth structure will not be as good as your original tooth. Again I ask how long you expect the fillings to last? Serious question. Do you get upset at Discount Tire when your treads wear out because you had the nerve to drive your car?

Old 12-13-2018, 10:17 PM

8 posts, read 8,230 times
Default Root Canal

There is one major difference between the two procedures: A root canal aims to save the damaged tooth while an extraction removes it completely. Your dentist will evaluate the damaged tooth to determine which procedure will best suit your situation. One of the main reasons why someone will need an extraction over a root canal is when the tooth’s structure is compromised. When only the pulp is compromised and it can be safely removed, a root canal makes sense because the bacteria that can lead to an infection will be excised as well. Conversely, when a cavity or crack in the tooth is so deep that it extends below the gum line and renders the tooth weak, extraction is necessary.

The only way to know if you need a root canal or an extraction is to visit your dentist. For more information about our dental procedures or to make an appointment, Please visit Best Dental Clinic In Pune

Old 12-16-2018, 11:01 PM

8 posts, read 8,230 times
Root canals and tooth extractions are two procedures dentists can use to treat teeth that are damaged or infected in some way. And although comparing root canal vs. extraction can prove to be a difficult decision, learning more about both methods can help you choose.

When Can Teeth Be Saved?
Root canals can be used to save teeth that have damaged, diseased or dead pulp, but are otherwise viable to your mouth. The pulp is the innermost layer of your teeth, providing healthy blood flow to each one, but it can become damaged if you crack your tooth or develop a deep cavity. Both of these situations allow bacteria from your mouth to reach your pulp, which can lead to infection, swelling or the dying of the pulp's vital tissue.

After examining your diseased or damaged tooth, your dentist will recommend the most appropriate treatment method based on their professional judgment. Talk to your dentist about any concerns you have with their recommendation. If you're worried that a root canal will be very painful, your dentist will reassure you that the pain is short lived compared to an extraction. If you're worried about paying for a root canal, on the other hand, your dentist can direct you toward affordable dental services typically available at local dental schools.

Root canal vs. extraction can be a difficult choice, but your dentist can help you determine the right choice for you and your tooth.

Old 07-10-2019, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,137 times
I'm in a dilemma, I need a root canal in one of my back molars. Five weeks ago my dentist replaced the crown on that molar. When the the crown failed and before the dentist put the new crown the tooth was very sensitive. The molar is still sensitive after 3 sensitive laser treatments. I used my care credit account card to pay for this crown and for another crown replacement. I don't have enough credit or money to pay for the root canal. I have 10 missing teeth. One more extraction will change my chewing and biting. But my parents and grand parents were able to eat steak with two partials. The extraction is $130 and insurance pays 100% compared to the root canal that's cost over $1000 and insurance pays 50% what should I do?樂

Old 07-12-2019, 01:06 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,974,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagangof8 View Post
I'm in a dilemma, I need a root canal in one of my back molars. Five weeks ago my dentist replaced the crown on that molar. When the the crown failed and before the dentist put the new crown the tooth was very sensitive. The molar is still sensitive after 3 sensitive laser treatments. I used my care credit account card to pay for this crown and for another crown replacement. I don't have enough credit or money to pay for the root canal. I have 10 missing teeth. One more extraction will change my chewing and biting. But my parents and grand parents were able to eat steak with two partials. The extraction is $130 and insurance pays 100% compared to the root canal that's cost over $1000 and insurance pays 50% what should I do?

The fact that you already have 10 missing teeth and will have trouble chewing if you lose one more is the reason dentists recommend root canals instead of extractions. Many patients say "just pull it" so they don't have to pay for a root canal, and this is where they end up, with many missing teeth and not being able to chew their food. If you want to continue being able to chew your food, find a way to pay for the root canal, maybe try a dental school. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health