Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I went to the dentist for a painful toothache today and it was determined I needed a root canal. I went through the first part today and it was painful. My mouth still has the numbness potion the injected me with. They put a temporary filling in and I'm going back next week to finish the deed. Am I in for more pain, if so how much?

Thankfully thanks to having such good insurance this wont hurt my wallet much.
OK So I have read all the comments on here now i finally have the balls to go back to the dentist tomorrow which by the time someone reads this it will be over. I had lots of pain before and then i had to get a pulp cap (theirs a big name for it that i cant remember) or something like that when they take out the pulp (1st step of the root canal) and the Novocaine (the shot) didn't even hurt it actually tickled bot times i got it on a regular fill (which definitely does not hurt) and on the first step of the root canal. well anyways the pulp thing should be the only thing that i guess "hurts" which it really doesn't i was getting it done and i actually fell asleep no Anastasia and so I have heard theirs no pain in the second part the actual root canal. also 1 more thing. Drsmiley06 you can go **** yourself... you might be a dentist but probably a bad 1 because you shouldn't feel pain. Just saying. So if you got to go to the dentist don't be scared i can assure you that you won't feel any pain and if you do its either A) in your head
B) you have a bad dentist
or C) you didn't have enough Novocaine (which you can ask for extra if you need it)
And if your still scared because of the Novocaine here is what I do i take an ibuprofen which is a type of pain killer and where baggy but comfortable cloths and yes even bring a pillow if you want. And if that still doesn't work ask for Anastasia before you got there so they can get a anesthesiologist (so you don't get too much and die). And if your worried about the actual thing ask kindly for extra Novocaine. If you took the ibuprofen your jaw shouldn't ache either. The only place it should hurt is your or your parents wallet. hopefully its not coming out of yours. And after that it all depends on you and your dentist.
k:

Old 04-18-2014, 04:58 AM

26 posts, read 79,992 times
Now a days with modern technology root canal treatment is not uncomfortable and painful process. Root canal treatment remove the damaged tissue from the tooth and reliving the pain you feel.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health