Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 10:10 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,483,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good luck! Most of the information I have heard is from my dentist and he said that most parts of our body will heal and regenerate but not our teeth or gums. He could be wrong and it would be nice to find out there is a way to heal dental problems without some of the procedures that are used or without the expense of the dental work but I would be be quite skeptical. It sure can't hurt to research it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Your dentist is wrong. A tooth can heal as long as the dentin is not exposed. Gums can heal as long as the bone is alive.
When the dentist first discovered some cavities a few years ago, I started flossing regularly, upgraded to that "enamel shield toothpaste" instead of generics, and cut back sweets. With no treatment, the cavities are already considerably smaller but still there. It's gonna take time though..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 06:23 AM

8 posts, read 34,981 times
Blotting. Google it. Your teeth are a window into your total body health. If you are healthy your teeth will be as well.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:47 AM

2 posts, read 1,745 times
Maintaining a good oral hygiene keeps you away from tooth decay. Basic oral care includes brushing, flossing, use of mouthwash, interdental cleaning and more.

-Brushing and flossing twice a day take you one step forward to good oral hygiene.
-Using a good mouthwash keeps your gums healthy
-Chewing sugar-free gum for 20 minutes after snacks increases saliva flow.
-Drinks plenty of water
-Visit dentist every six months

Thanks,

Old 08-16-2014, 09:35 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I'm just curious why the Op doesn't just go get it filled if there is a cavity?

As someone who is terrified of the dentist, I understand trying to find a "natural cure" but in the case of a "brown spot" I'd force myself to go in...

I had my teeth sealed a few years back, it wasn't cheap (100% oop since I was older).

Where are you located? I am very interested in doing this (had it done in teens and no cavities unil mid 20s) but no one around me (New England) will do this for me. Saying they don't do it for adults.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:03 AM

12 posts, read 21,774 times
Chewing clove can reduce tooth decay and reduces pain in gums. Toothpastes with clove oil are helpful in reducing bad breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health