U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 03:23 PM

1,756 posts, read 1,688,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrances47 View Post
I just got a new upper partial and the acrylic is the wrong color, it's too thick and the teeth do not match my natural teeth color. On top of that it is not aesthetically pleasing. My old one was a flexible partial and the acrylic is much thinner than this new one. How can I explain to my dentist how unhappy I am with this new partial without him getting defensive or dismissive. I also have a bottom partial and the acrylic is just too thick, it's not snuggled against my gums, the bottom teeth bump into my upper teeth and I can't eat or talk right because of it. Should I advise my dental insurance company of my unhappiness?
You should tell your dentist the same thing you've written here. It's especially important that your bite is now off. You should not incur additional costs thru insurance but you should advise them that this is going on in the event your dentist submits for payment (shouldn't).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 06:32 PM

5 posts, read 5,400 times
I just got a permanent partial. Waited weeks for it while using a temporary. The temporary was stiff and ill-fitting, but not too bad, and looked pretty good. The permanent is supposed to be more flexible (a different material). The new one is painful to eat in (in fact, it is impossible to eat in it). It is very difficult to get in and out. But the worse part is even though it was very expensive, it doesn't line up. The real front tooth is at least an 8th of an inch lower than the front tooth on the partial, and the rest up of the partial teeth go up from there making the partial teeth noticeably higher than the real teeth on the other side. The look is embarrassing. i wasn't expecting perfection, but this is ridiculous. I'm so disappointed. i went back to wearing the temporary. Where does one go from here when this happens?

Old 12-11-2019, 02:27 AM

20,755 posts, read 20,745,884 times
You go back to whatever dentist fitted you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health