Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 01:22 AM

1 posts, read 5,629 times

Advertisements

Where did you get laser treatment and iss it effective?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 5,594 times
Default What is the name of your dentist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Had the laser gum surgery last Friday. I went in at 8 a.m. & was finished & home by noon. I had all four quadrants done. Swelling accounted for most of my pain on just lower back left side where I had most infection. Prior to surgery, I had no real pain but just pocket issues. Laser was not cheap: $4,500. Insurance picked up 1,500 and I paid the remainder. Have all my teeth & want to keep it that way!
Who was your dentist as I need this work done as well?

Old 04-03-2013, 04:06 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,136,591 times
Sarasota Periodontal Associates

Old 05-01-2013, 03:25 AM

1 posts, read 5,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Sarasota Periodontal Associates
Hi ladywithafan,
I live 1 hr from there, can you please give me more info about their treatment? Thanks

Old 05-01-2013, 05:23 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie262 View Post
Hi ladywithafan,
I live 1 hr from there, can you please give me more info about their treatment? Thanks
You can find whatever you want about it at their website:

Periodontics Sarasota & Venice FL, Dental Implants, Periodontal Disease

Old 05-02-2013, 01:59 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,136,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You can find whatever you want about it at their website:

Periodontics Sarasota & Venice FL, Dental Implants, Periodontal Disease
Thank you! That's where I went! I'm two months post surgery & all is good so far! Healed, brush 3x a day now with soft tooth brush; most people brush way too hard and/or incorrectly which can also hurt gums/teeth. I floss before bed & when I get up in the morning. That's about it!

Old 05-16-2013, 08:40 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,412,980 times
I honestly dont understand why dentist are so hush hush about probiotic therapy. I for one have benefited so much from evoraplus. Honestly taking this little mint has made a world of difference in my dental health and I just dont understand why dentist are so hush hush about it. Dont take my word for it. Buy the stuff and then go get your pockets measured. I had a bunch of pockets after taking it religiously for the past year I am pocket free and have such a healthy mouth that I hope this stuff never goes away.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:12 PM

194 posts, read 221,961 times
I had it done in 2010 in West Covina. It was mostly painless however last week
I had pockets measured at 5 and the Periodontist wants to do surgery (I'm in
new state).

He blasted the laser and said all NEW things aren't good and that he'd shoot himself in the head
if his clients had pockets measured at 5 after surgery." He went on to say the "new" dentist
are not being educated properly and he's been sued twice for telling dentist they
did something "wrong" to his patients.

Bottom line is in MY opinion the verdict is out on the laseer....if what the dentist told me was true
my pockets were at 8 and now they're down to 5 however pockets can be very
subjective depending on how hard you push into the gum. How do I know they
were really at an 8 or if he were manipulating it to get me to have the laser surgery?
One thing to also note is most Periodontist don't offer it. They claim it hasn't been founded
to truly make a difference but it's being pushed b/c people like the non-invasive method.

I know this thread is old...sort of but take this into consideration.

I had the laser surgery (2010) and now will be having the old fashion surgery to finally
shrink the gums down to where they should be. I'm not happy about this but I
feel the laser didn't fully work...it just eased my mind and now I'm having to pay
for it again.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,540,188 times
There are numerous different types of lasers and different levels of expertise of the person using them.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,833 times
this lazer surgery is painful as hell ,imean the laser burns your gums away from teeth,oh yea you smell burning flesh...nice then they come in with a drummel type tool to scrape the crap off your teeth under gumline. all this after you get a mouthful of shots,the ones in the roof of mouth are real nice.if your like me and real bad the numbness wears off b4 there done u get more shots.i had nitrous which leaves u with a massive headache the whole thing is horrible but if u need it its better than dentures bits been a week I still cant eat right great way to lose weight.and feel like hell so don't fool yourself u wont be skippin to the park the next day unless u get plenty of percosets which u have to get off when its over
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health