Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 05:47 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
A. I called SB a shill.

B. I found out about my high mercury and lead levels by going to a holistic MD and he did a urine challenge test where they give an IV with a chelating agent and then test the urine.

C. I’m glad that you and your brothers and sisters didn’t get sick but all that proves is that we’re all different and not everyone reacts the same. Imagine that.

D. So I got ripped off...so kind of you to let me know. Now what should I do about it? Go back to that greedy old dentist and demand my money and fillings back? Actually he is the best dentist I’ve ever had and I was extremely impressed with the quality of care that I received.

Could this be the "real" SB? QuackWatch--Stephen Barrett Is a BIG Quack | ENCOGNITIVE.COM

I had a mineral panel done years ago and in the Toxic Element category, Mercury came in the highest, arsenic second, lead third and cadmium fourth. What these are doing to our bodies, I'll never know but I don't like the idea of them invading my body. I've never had mercury removed from body and my last filling which was many years ago was no mercury, my request.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 06:12 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
A. I called SB a shill.

B. I found out about my high mercury and lead levels by going to a holistic MD and he did a urine challenge test where they give an IV with a chelating agent and then test the urine.

C. I’m glad that you and your brothers and sisters didn’t get sick but all that proves is that we’re all different and not everyone reacts the same. Imagine that.

D. So I got ripped off...so kind of you to let me know. Now what should I do about it? Go back to that greedy old dentist and demand my money and fillings back? Actually he is the best dentist I’ve ever had and I was extremely impressed with the quality of care that I received.
A. Calling him a shill for what?

B. The test is a scam. The author here has three degrees, including medicine and dentistry, and he explains why the test does not do what it claims

https://www.chelationwatch.org/reports/provoked.shtml
  • There is no logical reason to screen people for toxicity unless there is real reason to believe they have been exposed.
  • Provoked testing that misleads people into thinking that they need chelation is unethical.
  • Like all other drugs, chelation agents can cause adverse effects.
  • The use of chelation therapy for nonexistent poisoning entails risk without benefit and is unethical.

C. We are all different and do not react the same. That does not change the science about mercury. Exposure to the mercury in a thermometer is unlikely to produce enough mercury vapor to be harmful, unless you are doing it frequently.

D. There is no reason to remove mercury amalgam fillings. If you want to have it done and are willing to pay for it, have at it. Others here are just letting readers know that it is totally unnecessary.

Quote:
You’re probably not going to convince me of anything if you keep quoting QW. It would be the equivalent of me quoting Dr. Mercola to you.
Quackwatch is science based. Sorry that you feel compelled to trash the entire site. Others might find it useful.

https://www.quackwatch.org/

Old 03-15-2019, 06:27 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Could this be the "real" SB? QuackWatch--Stephen Barrett Is a BIG Quack | ENCOGNITIVE.COM

I had a mineral panel done years ago and in the Toxic Element category, Mercury came in the highest, arsenic second, lead third and cadmium fourth. What these are doing to our bodies, I'll never know but I don't like the idea of them invading my body. I've never had mercury removed from body and my last filling which was many years ago was no mercury, my request.
Your link is to a site that does not see fit to tell us who its owners are. Response to the person who bashed Dr. Barrett:

https://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/bolen.html

We all have potentially toxic substances in our bodies. They are unavoidable, and we are exposed to them through air, food and water.

Their mere presence on a "mineral panel" does not mean they are causing a problem or that they need to be removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health