Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 11:44 AM

494 posts, read 1,191,824 times

Advertisements

I went to the dentist this past Monday for my cleaning. There were 2 issues they found: chipped molar and bleeding around one of my crowns. The dentist and the hygienist talk about what I needed and all they told me is that “they will fix it” in a followup appointment. The dental hygienist told me that perhaps I grind my teeth at night thus the reason for the cracked molar. BTW, way the chipped molar doesn’t hurt at all but I do feel it rough back there with my tongue. Hygienist also mentioned that I may need a dental guard for nighttime.

As to the bleeding around one of my crowns, it only happens when they do the cleanings. I was told in a prior visit to really clean it with a floss and “get in there good.” I do this and it doesn’t bleed at home. Only when I go in for a cleaning.

The hygienist walked me out and said the receptionist would call me to schedule a visit. However, it is Wednesday and I still haven’t heard from them. Should I change dentists?

Another prior incident: Maybe 2-3 cleanings ago, I went to my visit and was told that I was there on the wrong time/date. I argued with the receptionist (now since gone) that I WAS at my scheduled appointment. Ok, so I left. As I’m driving home (which is about 20-30 mins distance away from his office) she calls, “Sorry!” I was right and they were wrong. Turns out the receptionist confused me with a vendor that “looked like me”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 02:04 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio69 View Post
The hygienist walked me out and said the receptionist would call me to schedule a visit. However, it is Wednesday and I still haven’t heard from them. Should I change dentists?
No, you should call the dentist and make your follow-up appointment. Communication errors happen and the dentist has hundreds of patients whereas you probably just have one dentist and can remember that you need this work done.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:07 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,907,290 times
Another thing: They owe you an explanation of what, exactly, they propose to do to "fix it". This is your right as a patient. No dentist should balk at giving such an explanation. If yours does, I would look for another one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health