Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 05:44 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExerciseVidiot View Post
Ok, I've made an appointment for a consultation based on the "go for it "posts here, and from this old thread. //www.city-data.com/forum/denta...ghlight=braces I'm 38 and tired of a crooked front tooth. I've become embarrassed to smile the last year or so, it's time to do something about it. This will be my second time, but now i know that i must use a retainer for the rest of my life. I'm not looking forward to it, I gag easily when taking impressions and freak out in general.
You know, if it's only one crooked tooth, they could shave and cap it. You'd only need braces if you have crooked *teeth* and/or an alignment issue (or in my case, a receding chin, when I was a kid. Braces shifted all my teeth such that my upper and lower teeth aligned completely differently than it had before, which thrust my jaw forward, thus giving me the appearance of a stronger chin).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 06:08 PM

311 posts, read 467,161 times
asitshouldbe...thanks for posting about this issue, You should go for it!! I've been thinking about invisilgn for a while..the cost is what I'm concerned about. It would be nice to have a nice straight smile. I have a gap in my front teeth and my teeth are now starting to shift. My dentist said that they would work for me. Let's just say I'm over 50 yrs old.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:11 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,826 times
I had hoped my dentist (who also does cosmetic dentistry) could help me since it's just one tooth, but he doesn't recommend shaving the tooth in my case and suggested that I see an orthodontist.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:33 PM

44,623 posts, read 61,597,128 times
Both my wife and I at over 60 had braces put on. Mine for shifting crooked teeth and my wife had crowded teeth with one at 180 degrees from all the rest. She did the Invisalign and she could not be happier. Every tooth was straightened and evenly spaced. She never smiled openly before and now she does and gets a lot of nice compliments and is soooooo happy.
The orthodontist said he does many seniors even in their 80's getting their braces for the 1st time. Not only will you have a great smile, but healthier longer lasting teeth too.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExerciseVidiot View Post
Ok, I've made an appointment for a consultation based on the "go for it "posts...
And they're on! Dec. 12 consultation, Dec. 13 full x-rays and pictures at dental lab, Jan. 8 braces on. I didn't require spacers this time around. Whew! The braces should be off within a year. They're not on all my teeth, but most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health