Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 04:02 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,871 times

Advertisements

I have a filling put in a few hours ago and now I'm feeling severe pain. My dentist is saying maybe I need to root canal this tooth because it was a deep cavity. Shouldn't the dentist have known it required a root canal before putting in a filling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 06:30 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I have a filling put in a few hours ago and now I'm feeling severe pain. My dentist is saying maybe I need to root canal this tooth because it was a deep cavity. Shouldn't the dentist have known it required a root canal before putting in a filling?
Not always. The need for a root canal is not often missed with x-rays, but it does get missed at times. If he didn't do an x-ray, and knew he was cleaning a deep cavity near where a root would normally be located, he should've.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:29 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
Quote:
The dentist should have known from your xrays that you needed a root canal. I have gone through this same thing and the pain became so severe that the doctor met me at his office in the evening to drill a hole in the top of the filling to release the pressure.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:45 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,174,225 times
I went back to get a few adjustment and it is more or less the same. It is at one particular spot that causes the pain. Since this is a molar crown, I cannot not chew of this. If I avoid chewing with this, then my right side will not able to chew anything. This is my 2nd molar crowns. The first crown on the left side done by another dental, was fine the day it was put on. This 2nd one by a new dental and still painful on that particular spot on . This dental just told me to give it more time. It is almost 3 months and still hurting when bite down.

Just a bit of history on this: This tooth was chewing fine and pain free. I went to this dentist for a oral exam and clean and he recommended a crown for it.

If it continue continue hurting, is there any chance I can get my money back and go to another dentist to fix it?

Old 08-13-2014, 04:47 AM

1 posts, read 11,368 times
Default Hurts to chew after new filling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I went back to get a few adjustment and it is more or less the same. It is at one particular spot that causes the pain. Since this is a molar crown, I cannot not chew of this. If I avoid chewing with this, then my right side will not able to chew anything. This is my 2nd molar crowns. The first crown on the left side done by another dental, was fine the day it was put on. This 2nd one by a new dental and still painful on that particular spot on . This dental just told me to give it more time. It is almost 3 months and still hurting when bite down.

Just a bit of history on this: This tooth was chewing fine and pain free. I went to this dentist for a oral exam and clean and he recommended a crown for it.

If it continue continue hurting, is there any chance I can get my money back and go to another dentist to fix it?
--------------------->

I've been having the same issue, it's been 8 months now with no resolution. What ever happened with you? How did you fix it?? Thanks

Old 08-13-2014, 10:34 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,945,629 times
Quote:
What kind of filling? silver (aka mercury)? or composite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health