Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 06:10 PM

409 posts, read 273,217 times

Advertisements

Just found out today that is what my tooth problem is. It is so damn painful and difficult to eat. Has anyone experienced this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 08:37 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,245,653 times
Yes, and I ended up having it removed and getting an implant. My dentist is good but I'm not sure any dentist can do much to fix a cracked root.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:07 AM

I have to have it removed and I am a nervous wreck. Have you or anyone here heard if it can be done in the hospital?

Old 07-17-2020, 09:28 AM

777 posts, read 1,865,908 times
Nothing to be nervous about. And no hospitalization necessary. A capable dentist/periodontist/implantologist, in the office, will extract the tooth and simultaneously place the implant (if an implant is the proposed treatment). You won’t feel any pain, just pressure and vibration. And it’s noisy. You could consider sedation if you’re really apprehensive. I’ve had four teeth extracted and replaced with implants. All had fractured roots. No big deal, just super expensive.

Old 07-17-2020, 12:02 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,245,653 times
Mine was done in an office as well under light sedation. Every time he's given me a prescription for pain meds with a very high street value. Every time I've taken one Tylenol after the anaesthetic wore off and that was all I needed (and then shredded the prescription.)

No hospital needed- in fact, I'd stay out of them right now.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:05 PM

The problem is if I am sedated in the Dentist's office I have to have someone to take me and pick me up as well as staying with me, which is the problem. The Dentist referred me to a couple of Dentists. One Dentist does sedation but their requirements aren't as strict as the Dentist I go to. And the other one is an Surgeon who can do it as outpatient. Just waiting to hear back from them if they can. And if my insurance does not cover it then I have another issue.

Old 07-18-2020, 08:00 PM

1,350 posts, read 812,231 times
Can't they do this with novocaine?

Then you won't have any problems driving. In fact, your mouth will be feeling great while the novocaine is still working

Old 07-18-2020, 08:38 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,042,319 times
What the double hockey sticks are you doing on the Internet?!? Go to the dentist and get it fixed.

If the root dies, you lose the tooth, and implants are very expense (1000s of dollars and not covered by my insurance).

If you get the tooth fixed immediately, sometimes they can save it.

Find someone who can drive you to+from the appointment, general anesthesia will mess you up all day and half of the next.

My cracked tooth was treated with local anesthesia (novacaine/lidocaine).

I had a co-worker who was a cheap-ass and "waited till monday to CALL the dentist" when she cracked a tooth and lost her tooth.

Old 07-19-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggier View Post
Nothing to be nervous about. And no hospitalization necessary. A capable dentist/periodontist/implantologist, in the office, will extract the tooth and simultaneously place the implant (if an implant is the proposed treatment). You won’t feel any pain, just pressure and vibration. And it’s noisy. You could consider sedation if you’re really apprehensive. I’ve had four teeth extracted and replaced with implants. All had fractured roots. No big deal, just super expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
Mine was done in an office as well under light sedation. Every time he's given me a prescription for pain meds with a very high street value. Every time I've taken one Tylenol after the anaesthetic wore off and that was all I needed (and then shredded the prescription.)

No hospital needed- in fact, I'd stay out of them right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
Can't they do this with novocaine?

Then you won't have any problems driving. In fact, your mouth will be feeling great while the novocaine is still working

I will have a conscious sedation and that is why I need to have someone to take me and pick me up as well as to stay with me as I previously said.

Old 07-19-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
What the double hockey sticks are you doing on the Internet?!? Go to the dentist and get it fixed.

If the root dies, you lose the tooth, and implants are very expense (1000s of dollars and not covered by my insurance).

If you get the tooth fixed immediately, sometimes they can save it.

Find someone who can drive you to+from the appointment, general anesthesia will mess you up all day and half of the next.

My cracked tooth was treated with local anesthesia (novacaine/lidocaine).

I had a co-worker who was a cheap-ass and "waited till monday to CALL the dentist" when she cracked a tooth and lost her tooth.

I have been to the Dentist more than once. I had a special x-ray also on my tooth. I am all set up to have the surgery but the requirements for conscious sedation is very strict there, so I have been referred to someone else. I am waiting to hear back from that office. I know to get it fixed and the consequences if I don't get it out. I was given another option, but I don't want a root canal or a crown, I just want it out! Will Halcion mess me up all day and the next too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health