Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 11:22 PM

1,499 posts, read 885,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Too much sugars, carbs, breads, pastas, rice everything that is WHITE, it's WHY.
Not necessarily
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2021, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 357 times
Tooth decay is the most common oral cavity among adults and especially children.

It is the second most common disease (if you can call it) after the Common cold. What you will read here is all about tooth decay in children from prevention, causes, and symptoms to diagnosis and treatment.

What are the causes of tooth decay?

Spoiler
https://kidodent.org/oral-conditions/tooth-decay-in-children-prevention-causes-and-symptoms/

Old 06-17-2021, 01:53 AM

22,823 posts, read 6,434,004 times
Genetics? Both my parents had "bad" teeth. They started taking me to the dentist at age 3.
My husband has good teeth.
Our 3 children got flouride in the water and had no cavities as children.
Both my husband and I go in every 6 months, have for many years.
I still get cavities, need fillings, needed root canals and implants.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:35 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Genetics? Both my parents had "bad" teeth. They started taking me to the dentist at age 3.
My husband has good teeth.
Our 3 children got flouride in the water and had no cavities as children.
Both my husband and I go in every 6 months, have for many years.
I still get cavities, need fillings, needed root canals and implants.
I think folks do discount how much genetics can play a role in this. My immediate family (considered parents, grandparents, siblings) all had or still have "good" teeth. No one ever lost teeth, went through root canals, or ended up with dentures. That I can recall growing up, none of my siblings had any dental work other than braces. In fact, one sibling went through this weird coming-of-age phase when she didn't brush her teeth at all. Don't ask me what that was all about. She finally went to a dentist when her gums started bleeding. He read her the riot act, did some sort of deep cleaning and she paid attention. He was amazed she hadn't lost any teeth. I'm a serious bruxer. Dentists have commented how solid my teeth are despite that, mentioning "pig iron" and teeth in the same sentence .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health