Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 11:19 PM

206 posts, read 573,848 times

Advertisements

I had tiny cavities on the surface of three teeth - I did the composite to avoid the mercury in amalgam
My teeth actually hurt for a month - and now two months later, certain things are still uncomfortable to eat, My son went to same practice he had complained of pain but I figured his cavity was worse. He said after two months it felt OK again - mine still hurts. It was so expensive - and as someone else said - I don't trust the dentist anymore and am certainly not going back there and giving them any more money. I am so annoyed about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 06:29 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Something does not sound right - tiny filled cavities hurting after two months? I think you need to find out why, because that is most certainly not normal.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:27 AM

1 posts, read 7,962 times
I had this experience in 2013. That time the dentist found a tiny cavity on my lower back teeth (which didnt hurt at all), the dentist did the filling and my nightmare began. After the filling, i would experience sharp pain ONLY when i chewed something harder n cruchy which gave the tooth pressure.
I looked for around 5 other dentist, did the xray, height adjustment, and re-did the filling etc but the pain was still there. It lasted 1 year.
I didnt do any root canal because i didnt want any more risk of pain. The pain was getting me nuts as i couldnt enjoy the my food like steak n nuts.
Within a year i trained myself psychologically to accept the pain. I avoided eating hard food.
I also used sensitive toothpaste called "Repaire Dentiste White". And Thax God after a year of pain, the pain disappeared by it self (AFTER 1 YEAR). Now that tooth can chew all the food in the world again. This happiness lasted for 3 years.

Unfortunately just last week, my ANOTHER upper back tooth's filling was pulled off and i did the refilling ANDDDD the 3years ago nightmare began again *sigh *sob.
The lower tooth is okay now, but change to the upper tooth. I feel the pain only when i chew hard food n crunchy food. OMG. I HATE THIS.
But because of my previous experience, i am now not as panic n worry as i used to be. The pain has been 1 week n hopefully it will disappear during time (AGAIN n hopefully shorter period).

Old 01-08-2019, 04:03 AM

1 posts, read 6,031 times
Hey! First, I want to say thank you for all your posts. A couple of weeks ago I was really concerned that my pain when chewing was not going away after almost two months of my filling replacement! And it was a quite superficial one! I searched and read a lot on the internet and this forum was the most helpful. Like other users, I noticed not only the tooth where I had the filling redone was reacting to pressure, but also the one opposite to it. Probably because I was pretty much not chewing anything on that side for so long, so it would overreact when I tried too...

Good news is that it finally stopped aching after a bit more than two months. Funny enough, I went back to the dentist because another filling had broken (long story...) and she said that she tried a new technique on that previous filling that had something to do with very intense light (sorry, I'm completely ignorant here) and that eventually causes pain to some people when chewing. So now she just applied her old technique and it was all good! No pain when chewing

Old 01-29-2019, 03:22 AM

3 posts, read 9,264 times
Anyone have any updates on there teeth and what finally relived there pain? I’m in the same situation right now. So frustrating. Had 3 fillings done on teeth with small cavities. Now 2 of the fillings hurt with pressure and when flossing between where the teeth meet. Had one of the fillings redone and still had same result, but maybe the pain came down a small notch after the second refilling. The one thing I did notice is that after the 2nd refilling for the first week I was able to eat everything including crunchy food. But soon after the pain with pressure returned. Waiting almost a year now with no improvements. Have no idea if it’s an invisible crack in both teeth of just very sensitive from the composite fillings.
Now I have a new dentist and he is suggesting either a silver filling instead of composite, or, that if it is a crack then maybe it’s time for a crown with possible root canal.
Any advice would be great

Old 12-21-2020, 01:57 PM

4 posts, read 9,876 times
Default Chewing pain from fillings

I know this is a old thread. I have similar experiences/pains from some posts here. I had a couple of cavity's done and they have been really stressing me out. I can't chew anything hard or just anything that hits that one spot in my filling. Dentist redid the filling two months ago and the filling feels a bit better. But now I have cold sensitivity and same issue with chewing but not as painful. I have been constantly going back to dentist to adjust bite with no luck. She's now telling me I need a root canal. Does this sound accurate? I really can't afford more dental work. Any opinions? Should I keep on waiting for nerve to settle? Would it settle? Thanks in advance

Old 12-21-2020, 04:20 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyandy25 View Post
I know this is a old thread. I have similar experiences/pains from some posts here. I had a couple of cavity's done and they have been really stressing me out. I can't chew anything hard or just anything that hits that one spot in my filling. Dentist redid the filling two months ago and the filling feels a bit better. But now I have cold sensitivity and same issue with chewing but not as painful. I have been constantly going back to dentist to adjust bite with no luck. She's now telling me I need a root canal. Does this sound accurate? I really can't afford more dental work. Any opinions? Should I keep on waiting for nerve to settle? Would it settle? Thanks in advance
Not sure anyone here can predict...we can't examine you in person. At some point additional fillings/re-doing fillings will remove so much of the tooth structure what's left may not be able to insulate the nerve. As long as the pain isn't getting WORSE they may still be settling. Have you tried any anti-inflammatories to help calm the nerves down?

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-21-2020 at 04:46 PM..

Old 12-21-2020, 04:41 PM

4 posts, read 9,876 times
Yes, I'm using ibuprofen and brush with Sensodyne everyday for the past few months. There's a dull toothache but goes away when I take some Ibuprofen. I have tapped on the tooth to feel if there's any pain and there's not. I have poked the filling gently and I could feel the sharp pain immediately but it goes away as soon as I stop poking. It's just stressing me out cause I'm currently out of work because of an injury. And this just adds to my pains.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:16 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyandy25 View Post
Yes, I'm using ibuprofen and brush with Sensodyne everyday for the past few months. There's a dull toothache but goes away when I take some Ibuprofen. I have tapped on the tooth to feel if there's any pain and there's not. I have poked the filling gently and I could feel the sharp pain immediately but it goes away as soon as I stop poking. It's just stressing me out cause I'm currently out of work because of an injury. And this just adds to my pains.
Do you have a dental school nearby you might try? Usually they offer more reasonable prices than traditional clinics. I have never had any pain after a couple of days when I had a filling.

Do you have any bite issues- like do you grind or clench at night? I know even with my bite guard, I get sensitivity on the side I clench on the most. If you are clenching on the filing, I would imagine that would make things worse.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:21 PM

708 posts, read 823,711 times
To anyone still experiencing pain or other dental problems I highly recommend oil pulling with coconut oil several times a day, for 20-30 minutes at a time. You can do this while doing something else to avoid becoming bored. When I first heard about oil pulling I assumed it was a lot of nonsense and ignored it. But then a friend told me that she had been doing it and her teeth were cleaner and stronger. Then I decided to try it and after a few days my teeth also felt stronger, and after a few weeks a gum problem I had where it seemed inflamed and a tooth ache that I had went away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health