Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 09:54 AM

280 posts, read 686,053 times

Advertisements

Which do you like better: Oral B toothbrushes or Sonicare?
And why?

Btw, which Oral B toothbrush do you use?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 04:34 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
I prefer Sonicare. I have one now that I have had many years and it just died. I am going to get a new one for Christmas.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:12 PM

98 posts, read 543,790 times
Sonicare is the better of the two when used properly, but usually more expensive. The new DiamondClean or Platinum Flexcare would be my preferred choices.

Old 12-25-2013, 06:34 AM

280 posts, read 686,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruprick View Post
Sonicare is the better of the two when used properly, but usually more expensive. The new DiamondClean or Platinum Flexcare would be my preferred choices.

Why do you prefer DiamondClean/Platinum Flexcare to the other Sonicare products?

Old 12-25-2013, 02:43 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,252,874 times
Sonicare has this weird hum that is sort of sensitizing after a while but also seems to clean a little better. It's more expensive though and mine broke after just a year. I switched to oral b and it's still working

Old 12-25-2013, 06:22 PM

106 posts, read 139,191 times
For the past 3 yrs. all the dental professionals I've seen (more than I'd like to admit) have suggested the sonicare. I have gum disease with sensitive gums so my hygienist recommended a model that will buzz if you brush too hard. It is one of the platinum models. At first, it tickled my gums especially the lower ones, but that was gone within a few days. This electric toothbrush seems really good and is more gentle on my gums than when I brush very carefully with a manual brush, which is very impressive. It's a little more maintenance than pouring a little antiseptic mouth rinse on the head of my manual brush, and then tossing it into a cup to dry and I don't look forward to cleaning the UV bulb as I'm afraid I'll break it but basically, any necessary maintenance is well worth it. My future exams will be the acid test.

Old 12-25-2013, 06:24 PM

106 posts, read 139,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I prefer Sonicare. I have one now that I have had many years and it just died. I am going to get a new one for Christmas.
That is so cute! You knew what you were getting for Christmas.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:30 AM

2 posts, read 7,383 times
Hi,

There have been more than 200 clinical studies comparing Sonicare (sonic) and Oral B (oscillating/rotating) technologies. Most of those studies are conducted by those two brands, so they are most likely biased. Sonicare vs Oral B is similar to snowboard vs skis debate - it will end nowhere

I strongly believe they are both equally effective, but oscillating toothbrushes from Braun aren't as sensitive to brushing technique as Sonicare models. Also, Sonicare brush heads are more expensive.

Oral B technology:

Sonicare technology:

Similar models compared: http://www.bestelectrictoothbrushhub.com/oral-b-vs-sonicare-comparison/

Which one should you buy? It's a pure choice of preference.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:23 PM

777 posts, read 1,872,667 times
Sonicare is the best powered toothbrush, ever

Old 12-24-2016, 12:18 AM

2 posts, read 16,724 times
I love Sonicare the brush is more sensitive and I feel it cleans better because of the long bristles. Yes it may be more expensive but, you pay for what you get..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health