Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 03:16 AM

932 posts, read 898,862 times

Advertisements

Any dentist around?

This is my lower 2nd molar, What should i do? i have no insurance , would it be best to extract it and do a implant?

Some of my inner tooth is exposed as well. I have some sensitivity. I think a chunk of cavity came out and some of the tooth later on. But a good sqaure chunk from the rear inner part of the tooth is gone. Inner tooth(inside the tooth) is exposed as well i believe
Attached Thumbnails
*Pics.. Bottom 2nd molar. What can be done to save this tooth.. Extraction/Root or Crown??-tooth.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 09:59 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,779,561 times
Looks like you need to see a dentist. Then you can get your options.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:59 AM

36 posts, read 111,298 times
It is really difficult to choose extraction or root canal for tooth. And it more difficult to say anything without seeing your actual condition. But, I think that you should read this article it can be quite helpful for you.How to Choose Between Root Canal and Extraction? | Dental Health Tips
And for more details consult to your dentist.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:12 PM

932 posts, read 898,862 times
I went to a dentist clinic. Basicaly tthey want me to save it but they do not do molar root canals. I told him to just pull it but he said explore your options first. I plugged the hole up with temp filling and the pain went away because nerve isnt exposed, the dentist took it out and put some better temp filling in and I have no pain and it has been 1 week. The nerve was exposed but now it is not

He also said the nerve and pulp was touching I think

They referred me to somebody else who prices are on a sliding scale so i would pay about $300 for root canal and to build the tooth back up.. so im going to call them soon and get my options on cost but he said for me it probably will be around $300. Or he could extract it for $25..

What i really what to find is a dentist who can cover the nerve so I can avoid a root canel

I told him i will wait and hold off for a few months, as long as this temp filling hold up and he said i can come back and get my temp filling done again after 1 month or so...

I have way to much stuff going on now to get this done and im in the middle of moving and planning family reunuion coming up. after things calm down near end of august I will get this tooth fix..

the doc gave me penicillin and Norco
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health