Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 11:09 AM

3 posts, read 70,431 times

Advertisements

What coul be causing it to be sore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 04:11 AM

7 posts, read 7,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcattau01 View Post
I am having some issues with a tooth that was filled 6 weeks ago. It is not sensitive to heat at all. Very little sensitivity to cold. It has decreased over time. My tooth feels sore. Biting on it really doesnt hurt. I have not lost any sleep. In fact it feels better in the morning after sleep.floride tooth paste helps with the soreness. Is it normal to have soreness after a big filling? Any help is appreciated!
I think you should talk about this to your dentist. I got mercury amalgam fillings from Centenary Dental Clinic in Toronto 4 weeks ago. So far have no issues with it and I feel really better.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:16 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,646,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
Hello - I had a deep cavity in my back molar that was causing sensitivity to sweets, hot food, and cold food. About 6 weeks ago, the dentist drilled out the decay, put a layer of medicine in the tooth, and put a composit filling on top of it. Everything has been great for the past 6 weeks - no pain, sensitivity, or discomfort . . . until about 4 days ago. The tooth has a very low, dull ache. Hot and cold foods cause more discomfort than before I had the filling. My symptoms have increased over the past 4 days. I also developed a slight earache.

I can't get to my dentist for another 4 days (I am away on business). Does anyone have any experience of a filling suddenly becoming uncomfortable after 6 weeks? Is it possible my dentist didn't get all the decay out (that would be really lame)? Is a root canal inevitable (God I hope not)?

Any advice would help.
Sounds like a nerve is going. See the dentist as the can x ray it. If that's the case it will only get worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health