Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 09:45 AM

597 posts, read 1,445,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I can't help the OP but this should be a lesson to all.
You use doctors and dentist who are recommended to you by friends who you trust.
You don't drive 3 hrs to a doctor , dentist, car repair shop to save 5%.

Sorry to be so honest but the old saying "cheap is expensive" holds true here.

I hope the OP gets satisfaction but who knows.

I didn't drive 3 hrs to sale 5%. Sorry if I gave that impression. I drove 3 hrs because this DDS supposedly was top rated. I called and had to wait for months to get an appt so I thought he had to be good.

The last time I had fillings replaced I ended up with major health problems so I wanted to make sure I went to someone who knew how to safely replace toxic fillings.

The 5% was just an offer they make to patients to allow them to save by paying in advance and not using a credit card.

Hope that cleared up the confusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 09:46 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,333,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
I need ideas on how to deal with this.

Feb.2014

I went to a DDS and my quote was $3,700. They told me if I wanted a 5% discount, I could pay up front and I would get the discount but I had to pay before I had the work done.

He is a holistic DDS who is 3 hrs from me but I was willing to drive to get "holistic care". So I went 2 X and I sent 6 hrs there (remember I had a 3 hr drive each way) and he drilled out my fillings and replaced them. They immediately started to hurt. I know he had to do something wrong because my teeth should not be hurting.

I had left the office and the girl said she would call me the next day to make an appt. for the rest of my work. They never called.

I wanted to see how long it would take them to call, so I didn't call. They never called. So then I decided I didn't want to go back. My teeth are still sore so I really don't want him touching my teeth again.

Meanwhile I wrote them an email and did not ask for my money back for the fillings, all I wanted was my $2,000 for the work I had not have done yet.

I heard nothing back. I wrote again. I heard nothing again. I called, they took the info, never heard back. My husband now gets involved and calls. Same thing....they will give the Dr the message. Nothing. He calls them back again. Now they say they have to give it to the treasurer.

So to date, we have written 2 X and called 5 times. No calls, nothing. My hub said to them that he will take it to the next level if they do not return the call today. Well, it's 5pm and then never called.

My question is, now what? I am not the type to want to get people in trouble and I don't want to effect his business (yelp reviews,etc) but he really owes me this money and won't even return my calls so what can I do?

File a complaint with the state? Any ideas? I am beyond disappointed since I am already out the $1,700 and would at least like to get back the $2,000.

Have you put anything in writing to the Doctor and sent it certified with return receipt so they have to sign for it?
I would also ask if it could be signed by the Doctor only, no one else in the office can sign HE has to himself.
In the letter I would state everything you wrote here as far as the appointments made, the work done, the lack of follow up calls, and state exactly what you want refunded.
Also give them say 10 days from the date of the letter to return the money to you or you will pursue legal actions to the furthest extent on day 11.

That may give some motivation to get the matter settled.

Telephone calls for something this important are useless, all they have to do is say "She did not call, we don't have a log of her calling", etc.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:28 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,777,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Have you put anything in writing to the Doctor and sent it certified with return receipt so they have to sign for it?
I would also ask if it could be signed by the Doctor only, no one else in the office can sign HE has to himself.
In the letter I would state everything you wrote here as far as the appointments made, the work done, the lack of follow up calls, and state exactly what you want refunded.
Also give them say 10 days from the date of the letter to return the money to you or you will pursue legal actions to the furthest extent on day 11.

That may give some motivation to get the matter settled.

Telephone calls for something this important are useless, all they have to do is say "She did not call, we don't have a log of her calling", etc.
OP updated that she received a refund check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health