U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 06:12 AM

9 posts, read 8,327 times

Advertisements

What is the reason behind this problem. Anybody can explain the cause of this problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 07:15 AM

7,100 posts, read 25,069,388 times
A Sensitivity to what?

Air?
Other People?
Water?

Old 08-31-2014, 12:41 AM

40,624 posts, read 50,605,174 times
Tooth sensitivity is tooth discomfort in one or more teeth that’s triggered by hot, cold, sweet, or sour foods and drinks, or even by breathing cold air. The pain can be sharp and sudden and can shoot deep into the nerve endings of your teeth.
What Causes Sensitive Teeth? Dental Health and Sensitive Teeth

Old 08-31-2014, 12:12 PM

120 posts, read 93,953 times
Talking Consider "Oil Pulling" in addition to other corrective actions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Tooth sensitivity is tooth discomfort in one or more teeth that’s triggered by hot, cold, sweet, or sour foods and drinks, or even by breathing cold air. The pain can be sharp and sudden and can shoot deep into the nerve endings of your teeth.
What Causes Sensitive Teeth? Dental Health and Sensitive Teeth
Good reply and a very informative article.

OP, please post more details on your situation.

I used to brush my teeth too hard and ended up eroding a "crevice" (?) parallel to the gum line at my upper "fangs" (more so at the left one than the right, I'm right handed) and an area on the lower, left, outer gum line along my molars. I had minor receding gums at those locations too. The left fang and lower area were very sensitive to anything too sweet or to anything too sour or tart. Sensitive as in very high discomfort (not quite crossing over into the pain threshold.) How did I handle the situation? I avoided eating anything that caused any discomfort, easier brushing (I had to consciously make an effort to "ratchet it down"). I used "sensitive toothpaste" when necessary during periods of sensitivity (but bought generics and not the more way expensive name brands).

I didn't see it mentioned in the article but, not knowing your exact situation (more detail please), "Oil Pulling" might be helpful for you. After only a month and a few days of daily, 20 minute oil pulling (with refined coconut oil), I am a real advocate. The overall sensitivity is gone except an occasional mild, short lived (hours, not days) period at the left fang. And most amazing of all, I believe I am having my gums grow back, especially at the lower area. Why amazing? At my last dental check up the dental hygienist and I discussed the 3 areas and she told me that gums don't grow back. Umph! I beg to differ, young lady!

There are a couple of oil pulling threads on the C-D forums, one here in this forum (which I haven't had a chance to read yet) and the one I posted to in the "Alternative Medicine" forum.

Check out "Oil Pulling" here at C-D and research the web. Oil pulling might not solve your problem but the other benefits can only help your overall dental health.

Cheers.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:18 AM

36 posts, read 95,571 times
Tooth sensitivity is something when your teeth become sensitive to any of the thing cold, hot or sweet. As, most of the people face this problem when the eat something cold like chill water.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:07 AM

359 posts, read 238,594 times
Try using warm salt water as a mouth rinse it helps some. Also try using toothpaste that is for sensitive teeth there are few different kinds available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health