U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2014, 05:28 PM

559 posts, read 751,668 times

Advertisements

I just had a tooth pulled, it was horrible (not that any of them aren't) but my pain is from the shots, especially the roof of the mouth one. Anyway, they told me before I had it done they'd give me pain pills, then after pretended like it was never discussed. Reluctantly they prescribed Vicodin which I hate, it doesn't work for me, but figured I was better off not pushin it.

Of course it was a waste of time. And now I'm back to high doses of Ibuprofen, I've had the rx before so I know how much of the otc I can take. I hate poppin all these pills, but at least I know they work and I don't have to BEG for an RX.

Another time I had dry socket and they were just as bad about weaseling out of the RX, and anyone whose had it knows you need the most powerful drugs to ride it out, otc will be useless. What's wrong with dentists lately, why the lack of concern over suffering/pain? I realize there is a lot of abuse of these drugs, but I can do without the attitude from dentists after paying hundreds of dollars for their fees. Do they really think I'd put myself through this hell just for a quick fix?!

My advice to anyone having dental procedures is to make sure your dentist is going to give you an rx before agreeing to have anything done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 08:16 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
32,144 posts, read 58,594,294 times
People have different tolerance for pain. I had two pulled for implants last year and never had my prescription filled, a combination of naproxen and acetaminophen for a day or two then it was fine. If you are particularly sensitive to pain or the procedure resulted in more pain than expected the dentist should prescribe accordingly. If you are not happy with the dentist then find another. Mine called me in the evening after the extraction to see how I was doing from home, then again the next day, so they are not all like yours.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:23 PM

44,266 posts, read 55,376,324 times
Now people won't even be getting vicodin/norco.

So, yeah...have a pain plan in place before.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:55 PM

3,046 posts, read 3,060,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Now people won't even be getting vicodin/norco.

So, yeah...have a pain plan in place before.
Because of pill poping junkies. They take Vicodin or narco and shoot it up like heroin. I live in Florida the perscription pill mill of america. People here are selling their perscription pills to junkies. My wife works at a dental office in st.pete Florida people come in and want to get a tooth pulled just so they can get pain meds. They have to kick them out all the time.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:35 PM

44,266 posts, read 55,376,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Because of pill poping junkies. They take Vicodin or narco and shoot it up like heroin. I live in Florida the perscription pill mill of america. People here are selling their perscription pills to junkies. My wife works at a dental office in st.pete Florida people come in and want to get a tooth pulled just so they can get pain meds. They have to kick them out all the time.
Well, it just went Schedule 2 on Oct 6, so everyone can forget about getting it.

Not happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or