U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 04:29 PM

349 posts, read 980,817 times

Advertisements

I have researched on google. Of course there are varying responses. Im younger so the thought of having a titanium screw in my mouth/body longterm has me
Second guessing it. Just looking to see what others thoughts are....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 10:00 PM

186 posts, read 203,374 times
Do soft drinks, such as Diet Pepsi, stain dental implants?

Old 01-14-2015, 05:01 AM

13,253 posts, read 38,136,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw2016 View Post
Do soft drinks, such as Diet Pepsi, stain dental implants?
If you mean the crowns that cover the implants - no. Those are baked porcelain (or metal, or porcelain-coated metal). If you mean the implants themselves, highly doubtful, and it wouldn't matter anyway since no one sees them. They're covered by crowns.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:09 PM

3,046 posts, read 3,059,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi26 View Post
Im just worried about titanium and if its safe as an implant long term ??

Titanium biocompatibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-14-2015, 04:01 PM

186 posts, read 203,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
If you mean the crowns that cover the implants - no. Those are baked porcelain (or metal, or porcelain-coated metal). If you mean the implants themselves, highly doubtful, and it wouldn't matter anyway since no one sees them. They're covered by crowns.
Thanks for setting me straight on the terminology! I may just have to get some...

Old 04-27-2015, 09:24 PM

3 posts, read 4,419 times
Dental implants are an excellent long-term option for restoring back your lovely smile. Dental implants are made up of titanium and other materials that are compatible with the human body. Here's the process: 1. The dentist places the implant into the jawbone. You might want to eat soft foods, cold foods and warm soup. 2. The bones around the implant heals and the process is called osseointegration. Osseointegration means "combine with the bone". It usually takes time. 3. The placement of the artificial tooth/teeth. Your dentist will customize a new tooth for you called dental crown. REMEMBER: Chronic illness like diabetes or leukemia may interfere with the healing after surgery and not a good candidate for implants. If you use tabacco, it can also slow the healing.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:49 PM

108 posts, read 120,353 times
Generally, Dental implants are an alternative to dentures for the replacement of missing teeth. The implant itself is usually made of titanium and is embedded in the jawbone in a surgical procedure. It will serve as the "root" or anchor for your new, replacement tooth. Ultimately, after the implant has been integrated with the bone - this can take up to six months - a tooth made to match your natural teeth is attached. The advantage of an implant over dentures is that it gives you a solid new tooth that doesn't shift or move around as you eat or talk, as improperly fitting dentures can. The whole process can take as long as nine months and is not risk-free. You can develop an infection at the implant site, and there’s the possibility of nerve damage that can lead to pain and numbness. Other risks include injury to other teeth, to blood vessels, or to sinuses if the implant impinges on them. Anyhow if need any suggestions contact your local ortho and for online queries contact eugnath.
Gud Luck

Old 05-04-2015, 07:13 AM

1,552 posts, read 1,938,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennethAuyeung View Post
Generally, Dental implants are an alternative to dentures for the replacement of missing teeth. The implant itself is usually made of titanium and is embedded in the jawbone in a surgical procedure. It will serve as the "root" or anchor for your new, replacement tooth. Ultimately, after the implant has been integrated with the bone - this can take up to six months - a tooth made to match your natural teeth is attached. The advantage of an implant over dentures is that it gives you a solid new tooth that doesn't shift or move around as you eat or talk, as improperly fitting dentures can. The whole process can take as long as nine months and is not risk-free. You can develop an infection at the implant site, and there’s the possibility of nerve damage that can lead to pain and numbness. Other risks include injury to other teeth, to blood vessels, or to sinuses if the implant impinges on them. Anyhow if need any suggestions contact your local ortho and for online queries contact eugnath.
Gud Luck
Orthodontist? Placing implants?

Old 08-21-2015, 06:41 PM

267 posts, read 244,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi26 View Post
I'm just curious if the titanium screw is safe for the person/body long term? Is this safe. ?
the problem is the world is filled with scum bags, and they might order some cheap part from china.... I dont know, I have to get an implant vs a root canal, its probably implant because the long term damage of having a dead tooth in the mouth will cause cancer or heart issues... plus they could just butcher you. these things happen to even famous people. kanye west mother died and they have millions.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:00 AM

10 posts, read 21,621 times
My dentist once told me that the implants only lasted for about 40 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or