U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 02:52 AM

2 posts, read 1,941 times

Advertisements

My husband went to the dentist yesterday for 3 simple extractions after the dentist pulled the first two he said he notice where the third tooth was there was swelling and said it was an abcess he still pulled the tooth gave him antibiotics this was 11 am Saturday morning and from that area where the abcess is it will not stop bleeding not just a little but a lot for example I covered his pillow with a thick bath towel he still got blood on the pillows bleeding through the towel and pillow case and this is with gauze in his mouth I seen on a thread to try a tea bag did that still bleeding heavy and pain. I called the dentist to see if they have after hours or a on call dentist but they have neither, I asked him did he wanna go to a pt first but he doesn't MY QUESTION IS HOW CAN I HELP WITH THE BLEEDING UNTIL MONDAY feeling like a helpless wife any ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 06:46 PM

1,552 posts, read 1,939,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjacks15 View Post
My husband went to the dentist yesterday for 3 simple extractions after the dentist pulled the first two he said he notice where the third tooth was there was swelling and said it was an abcess he still pulled the tooth gave him antibiotics this was 11 am Saturday morning and from that area where the abcess is it will not stop bleeding not just a little but a lot for example I covered his pillow with a thick bath towel he still got blood on the pillows bleeding through the towel and pillow case and this is with gauze in his mouth I seen on a thread to try a tea bag did that still bleeding heavy and pain. I called the dentist to see if they have after hours or a on call dentist but they have neither, I asked him did he wanna go to a pt first but he doesn't MY QUESTION IS HOW CAN I HELP WITH THE BLEEDING UNTIL MONDAY feeling like a helpless wife any ideas
Keep putting pressure on the area with gauze these bleed more and bleed longer when infection or abcess and make sure he does not spit and does not rinse the mouth out this will make bleeding worse watch out for nausea from blood going down throat don't take out the gauze too often is he taking any blood thinners like aspirin the tea bag can help make sure it is a regular tea bag not herbal tea those don't have tannic acid and more expensive then you should call the dentist if still problems I hope this makes sense.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:20 PM

2 posts, read 1,941 times
Thanks so much did what you said to do everything is great now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health