Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 02:58 AM

525 posts, read 815,526 times

Advertisements

When she picked it up and hold it, she pointed upward toward my direction and accidentally flashed at my my head. They probably should be trained to always hold it toward the floor when not in use. I did not look at it directly and I had sunglasses on when it happened. The light was little far at arms lenght and lasted maybe only 1 second or less. I did not get blind spots when it happened and it did not hurt but the light seemed to be kinda intense like the sun. After whole day, my eye that was exposed more toward it, feels little strained, but maybe I am overthinking. It could be from bright stationary light and the fact the glasses they put on me were little small and allow some bright light from the bottom of the frames.

Anyway after what has happened I am thinking about switching dental office. If they had injured me, I would be suing them.

I also recall when they were passing syringes to numb my tooth, they did it little too close to my head, they should be passing it away so if dropped it would not sting my face.

Last edited by kyle242; 01-17-2015 at 03:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 07:22 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
You're overthinking. And they didn't drop it, and it didn't sting our face. If you don't trust that your medical providers know how to handle the instruments that are a regular part of their daily job, then find new medical providers. Has nothing to do with whether or not they are trustworthy. Has everything to do with your own personal comfort level. I'm sure they'd be happy to let you take your business elsewhere if they feel you're unable to trust them.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You're overthinking. And they didn't drop it, and it didn't sting our face. If you don't trust that your medical providers know how to handle the instruments that are a regular part of their daily job, then find new medical providers. Has nothing to do with whether or not they are trustworthy. Has everything to do with your own personal comfort level. I'm sure they'd be happy to let you take your business elsewhere if they feel you're unable to trust them.
And you are one of those really naive people since you think all medical providers are gods and never make an error.

Jenn’s vision: A true lesson in best practices

Old 01-17-2015, 12:38 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Why so mad? Why are you taking it personal? I don't believe I've ever claimed that medical providers are incapable of making mistakes. In fact I've had my own complaints about them. But this has nothing to do with whether or not they make a mistake. It has to do with your trust of someone. If you don't trust someone, then you should distance yourself from them. If I needed medical care and didn't trust my medical practitioner, I'd find one I could trust. I was suggesting you do the same.

If you're not happy with other peoples' opinions on the internet, then don't ask for them.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Why so mad? Why are you taking it personal? I don't believe I've ever claimed that medical providers are incapable of making mistakes. In fact I've had my own complaints about them. But this has nothing to do with whether or not they make a mistake. It has to do with your trust of someone. If you don't trust someone, then you should distance yourself from them. If I needed medical care and didn't trust my medical practitioner, I'd find one I could trust. I was suggesting you do the same.

If you're not happy with other peoples' opinions on the internet, then don't ask for them.
Well, in my opinion if they are trustworthy is more important than personal comfort level.

As for your opinion it sounded more like trolling than opinion:

Quote:

I'm sure they'd be happy to let you take your business elsewhere if they feel you're unable to trust them.
Yeah right happy. Ha!

Old 01-17-2015, 01:44 PM

595 posts, read 2,702,508 times
So, you link to a blog for a woman who was seriously injured in an actual medical injury case to highlight YOUR case of looking at blue light for like a tenth of a second, WHILE wearing sunglasses?

Ok...yeah, you should totally find a different office and you should definitely sue.:roll eyes:

Old 01-17-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDH35 View Post
So, you link to a blog for a woman who was seriously injured in an actual medical injury case to highlight YOUR case of looking at blue light for like a tenth of a second, WHILE wearing sunglasses?

Ok...yeah, you should totally find a different office and you should definitely sue.:roll eyes:
Precaution is important. Yes cause you never know if they repeat incident of not following protocols. Next time might something serious happen. I did not say i will be suing them, i would sue if they injured. And blue light is harmful. And highlighted the blog of this woman cause she had like me syringe passed over her face but unlike me stuff happened and she did not have safety glasses. I gotta love how you cherry picked only part of my story to troll with your rolling eyes.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:30 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,780,439 times
This is hilarious.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:54 PM

342 posts, read 437,968 times
Do not worry, blue light is not harmful unless you are staring at it for hours without protection.
But a dental assistant should never ever pass a loaded syringe to a Dentist over a patients face.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:35 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,780,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
Do not worry, blue light is not harmful unless you are staring at it for hours without protection.
But a dental assistant should never ever pass a loaded syringe to a Dentist over a patients face.
This is true. It should be passed below the face over the patient's neck and jugular veins. No wait....it should be passed lower than that over the patients chest and heart. No wait, that's not right either.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health