U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 08:10 PM

220 posts, read 224,464 times

Advertisements

Ok so I have been having headaches for 5 months now.. And I have gotten CT , MRI, ENT (For sinus and ears) and all kinds of blood work! And everything came out fine! I have been to a psyc and they claim my headache is not stress because I dont even feel or look that stressed. Anyway, Im 20 years old and male.

I was thinking my headache could be coming from my wisdom teeth? Because when I look down I get this huge pressure in my jaw and in my temples and forhead. But even when I dont look down I always have a pressure/burning feeling in my temples, and forehead. From when I wake up and than go to sleep. Than happens all over again. Its hard to sleep now though because my head throbbing has been pretty bad, feels like my head is swollen and inflamed, but according to the scans it looks fine. Could this really be my wisdom teeth causing all of this? Aint I to young to be having my wisdom teeth removed?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 08:26 PM

16,077 posts, read 20,906,773 times
I feel badly for you, that is a lot of pain to endure. I would certainly call your dentist and schedule something asap.....You might be able to get an emergency visit.
Always take care of your teeth...my brother neglected dental problems, and it resulted in a terrible infection that traveled, eventually to his heart...He developed heart problems and had terrible health for years afterwards.
Your dentist will advise you about the removal of your wisdom teeth...But, my non-medical personal opinion is the sooner the better.
The only other thing that I might suggest is for you to see a neurologist...
I hope you find the answers soon....I wish you improved health!
And, please be sure to update, I'd like to know what you find out.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:11 PM

I was thinking maybe its my astigmatism.. I had lasik surgery but I still got -0.25 in bith eyes for astigmatism.. Do you think that can give me headaches since I have been wearing glasses all my life so my brain notices it?

Old 01-21-2015, 05:12 AM

13,253 posts, read 38,143,135 times
You should check with your eye doctor about the astigmatism, maybe you need a new prescription. And then check with your dentist for a full checkup and cleaning, to see if there are any trouble spots there. When was the last time you had a dental cleaning with x-rays?

Old 01-21-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You should check with your eye doctor about the astigmatism, maybe you need a new prescription. And then check with your dentist for a full checkup and cleaning, to see if there are any trouble spots there. When was the last time you had a dental cleaning with x-rays?
Last Year

Old 01-21-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingfalcon View Post
Last Year
You're due for a cleaning and bite-wings then. Astigmatism can definitely contribute to headaches though. It has nothing to do with your brain "noticing" anything, as I said - it could be just a matter of needing a new prescription. Eye sight changes as you age, that's why you're supposed to get your vision checked every few years if you do NOT wear glasses - and every year (or more) if you do.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You're due for a cleaning and bite-wings then. Astigmatism can definitely contribute to headaches though. It has nothing to do with your brain "noticing" anything, as I said - it could be just a matter of needing a new prescription. Eye sight changes as you age, that's why you're supposed to get your vision checked every few years if you do NOT wear glasses - and every year (or more) if you do.
Well I did get my eyes checked they said I have no Myopia. But I do have -0.25 in both eyes astigmatism

Old 01-21-2015, 08:40 PM

595 posts, read 2,400,965 times
Dude, go see your Dentist, tell him about your headaches and see if you need the wisdom teeth yanked. If it's been a year since your last visit, and you are having issues, then chances are, it could be. But you won't know by questioning people on the interwebs.

Make an appointment.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:15 PM

Ok well guys I got back and he said that only my top right wisdom tooth is impacted a little.. But he said "I dont know if that can really give you a headache all in the forhead and both sides of your head (Throbbing)" He claimed that I need to have mouth pain as well which I dont have. But my wisdom tooth is completely under my gum. He said you can get it out if you want.. but its up to you. What do you guys think? My other wisdom teeth are not there.. they dont exist, my body never grew them.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:42 AM

I think you should get your eyes checked again. You say you got it checked and was told you have astigmatism. What was the treatment plan? Did you get a new prescription for your glasses? Did you get the new glasses? Do you wear them regularly? Has it been a short duration since you got them? Maybe it's just a breaking-in period until your vision adjusts to the new prescription.

You could get your impacted wisdom tooth removed, but I doubt it'll help your headaches. The pain your feeling in your upper head doesn't correlate to the location of the tooth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or