U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 10:53 PM

132 posts, read 74,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
My battery operated electric toothbrush needs replacement. I like the battery operated concept, nothing to recharge and and no huge base to take up bathroom space.

I see a wide selection of toothbrushes on amazon, but I really want a good brush that is compact and does not take up of space or parts.

Last time I was at the dentist I was told to use sensitive gums toothpaste. I am a smoker who drinks allot of coffee.

Thank you
I have sensitive teeth as well and I use a sensitive gum toothpaste as part of my brushing routine.

I recently upgraded to Sonicare Premium whitening electric toothbrush (see link below) from Oral B and I'm satisfied so far with the product. Prior to Oral B, I had an older Sonicare model but I stopped using it because my teeth were hurting. My dentist at the time recommended Oral B as she said it was less forceful than Sonicare. The downside with the Oral B one was that it wasn't as effective in getting rid of stains on your teeth vs. the Sonicare.

I decided to try the Sonicare again (see link below) based on how the product has 3 modes instead of 1 mode from the older model that I had used previously.

It "features 3 flexible brushing modes including, "Clean" mode for full power and optimal cleaning, "Sensitive" mode for gentler brushing in sensitive areas, and "Massage" mode for a stimulating, soothing cleaning action." I've been brushing with the Clean mode and no issue so far. I especially like the 2 minute timer since I don't have to look at my watch anymore.

Another good thing with the product below is that it has 2 electric toothbrushes so if it's for you only, you have an extra in case the other runs out and if you have a partner, they can use the second one.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Sonica...words=sonicare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 10:45 PM

4,929 posts, read 5,917,153 times
Which brand/model is the quietest?

Old 02-06-2019, 11:11 AM

1,748 posts, read 931,399 times
I have only used Phillips Sonicare. I think it does a good job......as long as you use it.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:10 PM

2,759 posts, read 1,077,277 times
I've had my Sonicare for about....hmmmm... a good 15 years, I think. It's the Flexcare model that also has the charger with the UV light brush-head sterilizer built into it.

My teeth and gums tend to be sensitive and so I've always used it on the "sensitive" setting, with the soft/sensitive brush head.

That said, after checking the comparable model nowadays on Amazon it appears that the one being produced now is nowhere near as reliable as my "oldie but goodie." Plenty of 1, 2 and 3 star reviews from people saying they bought one of these within the past couple of years to replace their original Flexcare that finally gave up the ghost... only to have the new one fail in a year or less. So I would not take my experience as being representative of what Sonicare is producing nowadays.

If/when this one eventually stops working I will have to see what my options are. I really like the UV sterilizer and would definitely want something comparable to that.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:17 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,240,225 times
I use Oral B because I think the Sonicare is too big for my small mouth.
I hate the new heavier blue tooth versions but there is no avoiding them.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:23 PM

900 posts, read 491,920 times
I lov my sonic care (7100?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health