Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 10:54 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,737,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajlez View Post
Everyone insulting the original poster's feelings and wishes - why? Isn't it enough for one person to do so anyway? I think it's serious and it's rather chilling to read, I DON'T think making fun of them is going to be helpful in any way. You can't agree with or relate to her feelings, that doesn't mean she doesn't have them.

I was unable to see a dentist for 16~ years, last time I'd seen one I was told I had 14 cavities, didn't fill any. Over those 16 years I had multiple abscesses that came and went and terrible pain, which I dealt with myself. Three of my teeth had been cracked from a bad fluoride sealant when I was 11, and those broke further over time. Anne, you listed a lot of things that I started doing a few years ago to take care of my teeth, and you know what? I don't have pain or sensitivity anymore, none of the roots are dead (that I'm aware of, I only had a brief appointment so far), they are no longer loose. I don't feel bad about my teeth anymore, which I once thought were not salvageable. I will willingly get my 3 broken ones pulled because I can't clean them properly, but that's all I'm interested in. Nourishing diet, baking soda as toothpaste, oil pulling. These absolutely helped me. I never had root canals, but I at least wanted to let you know I was able to feel good about my teeth over time, even after they were ruined long ago. Take care.
What a coincidence that a brand new Junior Member would pop on to support and defend another Junior Member when the conversation isn't going her way...wonder if their locations are the same and their real names are the same ?

Don't forget...troll is spelled with 2 L's!!

Old 01-30-2015, 12:02 PM

15 posts, read 43,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
What a coincidence that a brand new Junior Member would pop on to support and defend another Junior Member when the conversation isn't going her way...wonder if their locations are the same and their real names are the same ?

Truly you are an idiot.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:45 PM

698 posts, read 793,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
So why come here when you don't want advise. Do some research other problems that decayed teeth with bacteria buildup can cause. Bye.
Goodbye to you!

Hopefully it means you are leaving this thread.

Quit picking on the OP, she doesn't need that

Old 01-30-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You should look in the mirror and recite this to yourself.
You are the one who started a thread making a huge issue out of a non issue.
Oh the drama...knock it off

Old 01-30-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post

A Junior Member? LOL I've never seen a reference to such as used as some kind of put down

You are so important they call you a Senior Member!!!

Wow!!

That must be as satisfying as the metal you received competing in the Special Olympics

I am so proud of you

Old 01-30-2015, 06:04 PM

685 posts, read 715,694 times
AnneShirley78: The FAQs clearly state no name calling. So, I'm not going there.

There's no issue with needing to vent a bit. The issue you have is putting up what appears to be a thick clay (not brick) wall. Like, if you want to die rather than go to a dentist over having root canals and a couple of teeth pulled, it's sort of like you have phobias that you need to get over f a s t . I told you my first root canal (mid 50s) was scary but it had to be done and I did it without medication and was perfectly fine. I have a molar missing ... big deal. The other option is death that you say you choose and that's extreme and leads me to wonder what's happening unseen but I don't want to know more.

So, vent away but since I'm also seeing a dead end here with the wall, I just wish you the best of luck.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:14 PM

838 posts, read 1,347,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneShirley78 View Post
Truly you are an idiot.
You need a psychiatrist more than you need a dentist.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:16 PM

25,610 posts, read 21,786,100 times
OP, you have 5 children? I have had a tooth pulled (plus 3 wisdom teeth) and had one child. Trust me, having the tooth pulled is much, much less painful than childbirth and you recovery much, much quicker. Surely your husband is concerned and realizes that the family did not have the money to get the needed crowns. I am surprised that the dentist didn't give you a brochure on financing dental procedures because I have seen them in all the offices where I have had dental work done or direct you to a program for low income people that might offer some help. I actually have one root canal with a filling in it, a front tooth.

If I thought my husband would leave me because of the way I looked after having teeth removed because the family budget didn't get allow me the treatment I needed, I'd put his stuff on the porch tonight and change the locks. Obviously, your financial position is partly his responsibility also. Good grief, spouses lose body parts and become bedridden and/or incompetent but they are not abandoned by a loving spouse.

Your quality life has to be very low in order to consider dying a painful death because you think a needed procedure might harm your looks. If you have low income and are on public assistance, most states, if not all, have mental health as part of Medicaid and if not, the insurance that you have should cover mental health.

OP, you either need mental health services or are a troll as several have suggested before me.

My mother said that if she ever got breast cancer, she would rather die than have a breast removed. Well, when diagnosed with breast cancer in one breast, she wasted no time in scheduling the appointment for the removal. She was only 42 when it happened.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:10 PM

44,259 posts, read 19,921,361 times
Thread closed pending review by assigned moderator.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health