U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 07:53 AM

638 posts, read 775,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneshirley78 View Post
truly not a troll.

...someday you and i won't be here i'm not scared of it. Not anymore.
lol

Old 01-29-2015, 09:47 AM

15 posts, read 33,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
lol
I am doing something I know will kill me eventually by not doing anything. I get the risks.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:05 AM

685 posts, read 599,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneShirley78 View Post
I have two teeth I had root canals done on. I was saving for 2 crowns and in the meantime pieces broke off and the two teeth started to rot.

Now the dentist I saw looked and said it can't be saved and they need to be extracted.

I'm only 36, not old at all. I'm terrified of painful surgery. I said no. The dentist was clear if I do nothing it could spread to my other teeth.

He said the oral surgeon can take you the day after tomorrow but if you don't take it right away it may be a month before I get in. I basically said I'm not doing it.

Thing is, I don't want to look like some drug addict or something. I've never done illegal drugs in my life. I've tried hard to care for my teeth but have always had issues with my teeth and gums. I don't have the money to spend on dentures. I will look awful. I will not be able to eat.

My dad may disown me. He flipped his **** when I needed a root canal and he heard about it. This is so much worse.

My husband will probably leave. Who wants to be married to someone with no teeth? And it can change the whole look of my face losing them. For the worse. Who wants to be married to an unattractive, ugly woman?

Looking online, there are homeopathic ways to work on my other teeth and hopefully it will keep from spreading if I do this religiously.

Oil pulling
Clean up my diet
Eat leafy green veggies daily
Only eat organic for yogurt cheese butter milk
Vitamin D3 supplement 10,000 daily
Country life bone solid pills 2 pills 3x day
No more juice, soda, or anything acidic to drink
Throw out toothpaste and only brush with baking soda
After eating or drinking anything rinse with water baking soda mix
Fill capsules with Christopher's calc tea powder take 3 pills 6x per day

This won't help the root canal teeth

But it should ensure I don't get an infection and the rest of my teeth get healthier and stronger.

I'm scared but I think I have an okay plan and I'm ordering these items on the 30th.

I'd rather die truly then get these teeth out.
Okay hold on here. I had my first root canal about five years ago. It started with needed to pull my first molar (wisdom teeth don't count). The DDS said a root canal had to be done. I was afraid but infections spread and you can die from it. The DDS took a shot at doing the root canal but he couldn't see a couple (not uncommon), so I drove to the expert where he did the work. No pain and no problems. I was surprised. Then I drove back to the DDS and had the molar removed. I felt no pain and other than numbing agents, I was fully aware.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:09 AM

35,107 posts, read 42,690,504 times
Quote:
I'm still not going to do it.

Your choice to live a very miserable painful life because you are scared of surgery.

The pain and misery you will have without getting this done is going to be much worse than a few days of discomfort after surgery and everything that you mentioned about husband leaving you, being disowned etc. will more than likely happen sooner than later.

Carry on and I wish you luck.

PS ~~ For someone who has 5 children you really don't care about them much at all if you are willing to forego necessary dental treatments and suffer through a very long miserable illness and die. Maybe their step mother will be more conscientious of the children.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:16 AM

45 posts, read 40,535 times
I am not sure why you are here because you say "No I get it that I will probably die. I'm saying that's ok". You don't really want advice. Or try to understand that dental issues are more common than you think, your dentist maybe able to offer financing, or put it on a credit card. You said you have a husband, I am sure he is more concerned about your health than you are, he will be there to support you (financially and emotionally). Also you know they are not just going to start operating on you without numbing the appropriate areas right?

Old 01-29-2015, 10:17 AM

1,552 posts, read 1,938,607 times
Quote:
I am doing something I know will kill me eventually by not doing anything. I get the risks.
Then why are you bothering the rest of us with this? What was the purpose of this thread?

Old 01-29-2015, 10:51 AM

13,466 posts, read 21,837,156 times
Your fear of pain from the procedure is largely unfounded. I've had plenty of dental work, including extractions. Find yourself a dentist sympathetic to your fear and get over it. It won't be hard, plenty of DDS offices cater to people like you.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:54 AM

1,421 posts, read 3,121,241 times
they are clearly in the wrong area. mental health is few clicks above..

Old 01-29-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Then why are you bothering the rest of us with this? What was the purpose of this thread?
To talk.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
they are clearly in the wrong area. mental health is few clicks above..
Nope not at all what I need. This isn't a "have to" it's a "decision". I don't have to pick the way you "think" I should. Seriously, get over yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or