Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 10:43 PM

698 posts, read 798,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneShirley78 View Post
I'm still not going to do it.
You NEED to have this done. Maybe you could get some medication to stop these panick attacks and or anxiety? I think it would help alot. I also wonder if there is something deep seeded coming from childhood you may or may bot be aware of. Seems so.

It isn't really surgery, you know it's so quick and easy? But i understand that is useless and this is a terrifying experience.
So sorry you are going through this, if I could I'd hold your hand through it. And braces can sometimes help bridge any gaps that the teeth removal might leave behind. See if your State Medicaid will pay for it, the Doctors may say you need it in order to chew.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:44 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Nope not at all what I need. This isn't a "have to" it's a "decision". I don't have to pick the way you "think" I should. Seriously, get over yourself.

You should look in the mirror and recite this to yourself.
You are the one who started a thread making a huge issue out of a non issue.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:47 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,689,789 times
Hire someone to knock you out with ether or a whack over the head and drag you to the dentist. Just a suggestion.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,586 times
Everyone insulting the original poster's feelings and wishes - why? Isn't it enough for one person to do so anyway? I think it's serious and it's rather chilling to read, I DON'T think making fun of them is going to be helpful in any way. You can't agree with or relate to her feelings, that doesn't mean she doesn't have them.

I was unable to see a dentist for 16~ years, last time I'd seen one I was told I had 14 cavities, didn't fill any. Over those 16 years I had multiple abscesses that came and went and terrible pain, which I dealt with myself. Three of my teeth had been cracked from a bad fluoride sealant when I was 11, and those broke further over time. Anne, you listed a lot of things that I started doing a few years ago to take care of my teeth, and you know what? I don't have pain or sensitivity anymore, none of the roots are dead (that I'm aware of, I only had a brief appointment so far), they are no longer loose. I don't feel bad about my teeth anymore, which I once thought were not salvageable. I will willingly get my 3 broken ones pulled because I can't clean them properly, but that's all I'm interested in. Nourishing diet, baking soda as toothpaste, oil pulling. These absolutely helped me. I never had root canals, but I at least wanted to let you know I was able to feel good about my teeth over time, even after they were ruined long ago. Take care.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:08 PM

15 posts, read 43,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajlez View Post
Everyone insulting the original poster's feelings and wishes - why? Isn't it enough for one person to do so anyway? I think it's serious and it's rather chilling to read, I DON'T think making fun of them is going to be helpful in any way. You can't agree with or relate to her feelings, that doesn't mean she doesn't have them.

I was unable to see a dentist for 16~ years, last time I'd seen one I was told I had 14 cavities, didn't fill any. Over those 16 years I had multiple abscesses that came and went and terrible pain, which I dealt with myself. Three of my teeth had been cracked from a bad fluoride sealant when I was 11, and those broke further over time. Anne, you listed a lot of things that I started doing a few years ago to take care of my teeth, and you know what? I don't have pain or sensitivity anymore, none of the roots are dead (that I'm aware of, I only had a brief appointment so far), they are no longer loose. I don't feel bad about my teeth anymore, which I once thought were not salvageable. I will willingly get my 3 broken ones pulled because I can't clean them properly, but that's all I'm interested in. Nourishing diet, baking soda as toothpaste, oil pulling. These absolutely helped me. I never had root canals, but I at least wanted to let you know I was able to feel good about my teeth over time, even after they were ruined long ago. Take care.
Thank you

Old 01-29-2015, 11:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
So why come here when you don't want advise. Do some research other problems that decayed teeth with bacteria buildup can cause. Bye.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:27 AM

15 posts, read 43,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
So why come here when you don't want advise. Do some research other problems that decayed teeth with bacteria buildup can cause. Bye.
I can't just feel like talking? Yes, yes I can.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:51 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
I can't just feel like talking? Yes, yes I can.
Not in a forum where people are asking for dental advice. If you're not looking for dental advice, then your entire thread is off-topic and you should be posting in general chatter somewhere down the city-data forum.

Or, as someone suggested, mental health, because it seems more like your thread is about a phobia, and not about dental work.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:23 AM

6,560 posts, read 8,393,687 times
OP, I find it hard to believe that you're literally prepared to die rather than have your teeth fixed. Are your five children prepared to lose their mother at an early age? Is your husband prepared? Are they prepared to watch you suffer through a long, painful illness? You're not afraid of dying, but aren't you afraid of leaving your children motherless?

It's so important to keep your teeth and gums healthy. If you let it go, like another poster said, it will spread throughout your body and will cause other health problems (more expense, more pain).

I notice one crucial piece missing from your homeopathic remedies - flossing. If you want healthy gums, you must floss every day.

I think you have only three reasons to be frightened:

1.) Can I afford it?
2.) Fear of painful dental work
3.) Appearance

All three of these issues can be worked around if you find a dentist that offers sedation and a payment plan.

Also, why is did your Dad get angry over the root canal? Why is it any of his business?

Old 01-30-2015, 08:10 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Not in a forum where people are asking for dental advice. If you're not looking for dental advice, then your entire thread is off-topic and you should be posting in general chatter somewhere down the city-data forum.

Or, as someone suggested, mental health, because it seems more like your thread is about a phobia, and not about dental work.
This ^^^. Assuming the OP is serious, not sure why she even posted in dental advice. Her problems run way way deeper than her teeth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health