Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 07:55 AM

15 posts, read 43,894 times

Advertisements

I have two teeth I had root canals done on. I was saving for 2 crowns and in the meantime pieces broke off and the two teeth started to rot.

Now the dentist I saw looked and said it can't be saved and they need to be extracted.

I'm only 36, not old at all. I'm terrified of painful surgery. I said no. The dentist was clear if I do nothing it could spread to my other teeth.

He said the oral surgeon can take you the day after tomorrow but if you don't take it right away it may be a month before I get in. I basically said I'm not doing it.

Thing is, I don't want to look like some drug addict or something. I've never done illegal drugs in my life. I've tried hard to care for my teeth but have always had issues with my teeth and gums. I don't have the money to spend on dentures. I will look awful. I will not be able to eat.

My dad may disown me. He flipped his **** when I needed a root canal and he heard about it. This is so much worse.

My husband will probably leave. Who wants to be married to someone with no teeth? And it can change the whole look of my face losing them. For the worse. Who wants to be married to an unattractive, ugly woman?

Looking online, there are homeopathic ways to work on my other teeth and hopefully it will keep from spreading if I do this religiously.

Oil pulling
Clean up my diet
Eat leafy green veggies daily
Only eat organic for yogurt cheese butter milk
Vitamin D3 supplement 10,000 daily
Country life bone solid pills 2 pills 3x day
No more juice, soda, or anything acidic to drink
Throw out toothpaste and only brush with baking soda
After eating or drinking anything rinse with water baking soda mix
Fill capsules with Christopher's calc tea powder take 3 pills 6x per day

This won't help the root canal teeth

But it should ensure I don't get an infection and the rest of my teeth get healthier and stronger.

I'm scared but I think I have an okay plan and I'm ordering these items on the 30th.

I'd rather die truly then get these teeth out.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:18 AM

242 posts, read 413,094 times
My sister in law's mom avoided the same thing for years. Wouldn't do it. Gonna hurt too badly.

Last week she got really sick. Hospital sick. She had never told anyone her teeth were lose/falling out....so they wasted 2 days doing tests...EKG';s...blood work...etc..etc.

Then they found out about the teeth. Turns out she was completely full of infection head-to-toe...and nearly died...all because of the bacteria shed off into her system by her bad teeth.

I broke a tooth off down front biting into a candied apple. I ignored it for 6 months...it got infected. Hurt like H***.
This caused a domino effect for me. They ended up having to pull all four (4!) teeth between my canines... and
I instantly looked like Bob the Wino.

But the PAIN....wow....yer right..it DOES suck. Thing is..this ISN'T going to go away or get better. Honest. It will only get worse...ecomonically and physically. I ended up having a full mouth "Pocket reduction" surgery....FAR more painful than tooth extraction...3 bone graphs...and 3 years of braces...with NO front teeth the entire time. Then I got titanium rods drilled/set and they put back my front teeth via a 4 tooth implant.

not gonna lie....was THE most painful thing I've ever been though (I'm a guy/never gave birth). Thing is...if you WAIT...this can attack your blood system and your HEART. read up on that, please. Seriously. This is no game.

find a good dentist. MAKE HIM give you the BIG GUN narcs AS LONG AS NEEDED.....and zone yourself out and do this.

good luck.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:23 AM

I'm still not going to do it.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:44 AM

595 posts, read 2,702,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneShirley78 View Post
So then what exactly are you looking for? You will not resolve what is going on with those two teeth with homeopathic remedies. You can continue life with the teeth rotting away and you will then see that more and more of your teeth will go the way the other two went. They will become infected and slowly you will lose all of your teeth.

If your husband leaves you because you lost two teeth, then frankly, you have bigger issues going on than dental decay. To be honest, you sound a bit unstable. You would rather DIE?! than have two teeth extracted? I can't tell if you are just sort of overdramatic or you are being serious?

I recommend you find a Dentist that offers IV Sedation and a prescription for some Valium to take prior to the appointment. Having those teeth extracted will not be the end of the world.

Also, see a Therapist.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:24 PM

Yes I would rather die. Above are a huge list of reasons as to why I won't do it. A HUGE list.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:27 PM

638 posts, read 978,077 times
What are you afraid of? I played tennis the same day after getting all 4 of mine out.... Don't be a baby, you will face much worse things in life than this, if you can't face your fears here then the only valuable option is death right now cause life gets worse.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:37 PM

183 posts, read 322,761 times
OP, see if there is a dental school in your area. They are very reasonable as far as prices, much less than a private dentist. I had 3 teeth extracted at one point, due to years of neglect on my part, though none were as conspicuous as yours. Eventually i was able to afford implants to replace them at the dental school when I got my **** together. Do your body a huge favor and get the infection issues of all your teeth dealt with now, and later on you can worry about vanity. I don't blame you in the least for being freaked out as I would be too but what others have said about the health implications is very real, unfortunately.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:44 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,069 times
Quote:
I'm only 36, not old at all.
I'm terrified of painful surgery.
I don't want to look like some drug addict or something.
I've never done illegal drugs in my life.
I don't have the money to spend on dentures.
I will look awful.
I will not be able to eat.
My dad may disown me.
My husband will probably leave.
I'd rather die then get these teeth out.
List of OP's top 10 reasons NOT to get (what could potentially be) life-saving tooth extractions.

Quote:
OP's response after getting sound, heart-felt advice.

Quote:
Yes I would rather die. Above are a huge list of reasons as to why I won't do it. A HUGE list.
I must have missed the HUGE list the OP speaks of...I only saw the 10 items listed above (and, quite frankly, some of those are downright bizarre reasons).

End result: OP will (eventually) become very ill from the inevitable infection that will set in. It may take some time, but without removing the teeth, it will happen. The OP seems to believe that dead (ie: decaying / rotting) teeth left in her body will be managed with homeopathic oils and brushing with baking soda (for the rest of her life...50 some years?!).

I am so glad we all pay into healthcare for a reason...

Old 01-28-2015, 01:43 PM

No I get it that I will probably die. I'm saying that's ok.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:09 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,069 times
Ridiculous IMHO.

My troll alert flag is flying high right now.

Please, at least, have some common courtesy for your husband and tell him that you are planning your own early death. Give him the chance to get good life insurance on you and get POA and other important papers signed and taken care of.

Please please, tell me that you don't have children. No one could be that selfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.