U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 08:03 AM

129 posts, read 250,594 times

Advertisements

i swear some people act like having wisdom teeth surgery is like a mosquito bite.
you just had a major surgery. its gonna hurt. and youre gonna be out of commission.

some people are different. i know plenty who go home that morning, rest and are ready to go out.

heck, i was out of commission for a few days, and i consider myself someone who can take the pain and not a complainer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 02:58 PM

1,871 posts, read 1,758,916 times
I remember having the procedure performed. Was so nervous about it all. My coworkers, at the time, kept trying to calm me down. Even one guy said to me, I was playing in a basketball game right after surgery. I was like WTF? I remember bleeding profusely after the surgery. I thought I was gonna bleed to death. I had a really bad reaction to the vicodin, psychotic reaction, freaking out bleeding to death. Finally my dad got me tea bags and I put those in my mouth to help clotting. I believe my brother and Dad had to pick me up and carry me back to my bedroom after I feel down in the bathroom/hallway. Probably was extremely dehydrated at the time. No good. I had to have time off from work and then recover. I remember the next day my Dad took me for a drive it was nice to get out. Felt so much better the next day but still took time time recover. You look like a chipmunk.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:19 PM

685 posts, read 599,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingfalcon View Post
Today is day 2 of removing my wisdom teeth and I still have pain! My jaw hurts like crazy and I cant open it post like an inch! How long until the pain goes away? Also this pain where the extraction site is, is hurting my sinus and my temple of my head (My extraction was on the top right of my mouth. I also been eating mush food. It feels like forever I cant eat regular food, how long until I can again without regreting it with huge pain?
This is nuts. I had two wisdom teeth removed with some years in between the surgeries. In the early 1970s, a friend took me and drove me home. I yelled, "I'm going to work after I take a nap." I never made it and slept the rest of the day - minimal pain. The next set was done @1977. I thought I'd be able to eat egg foo yung after but no way and it wasn't that bad. We all react differently to surgery and have different pain tolerance but I agree that you really should contact your DDS and tell him or her what's going on.

The hole in the sinus scares me but it doesn't mean that's what happened to you and it would be nice to find out what the heck is going on. Also, if the DDS doesn't give you an answer that makes logical sense, you may want another opinion from someone NOT part of the practice (if there are other dentists there).

Sorry, helpingfalcon. Let us know what happens please.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:18 AM

8 posts, read 19,975 times
Everyone faces this pain after teeth removal, it will remain a few days. Your doctor knows better about this condition, mostly they prescribe good antibiotics, just take care of your tooth and go for regular check ups.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:33 AM

7,372 posts, read 3,726,671 times
The skill of the dentist makes some difference, too. I had one pulled out ten years ago by a really good dentist and not only was it easy but it was mostly painless. He prescribed pain med and antibiotics but I didn't even buy them.

I will be getting another one pulled out in about three weeks but this time it will be another dentist (I've since moved from the area of my previous dentist and also my current provider has a different network of dentists) so here's hoping this one will be just as good.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:00 AM

6,306 posts, read 4,744,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingfalcon View Post
well today is a lot better! Still got some swelling but still have some pain.. Is it normal the side of my head hurts where my jaw hurts?
I had a brutal headache for two weeks after surgery to have all four of mine removed at once. It takes time.

Old 04-04-2015, 06:02 PM

3,044 posts, read 3,695,182 times
Had all four of mine out in 83 by an oral surgeon , they put me out..Woke-up feeling tired and kinda nauseous no real pain or real swelling or bleeding and no real bruising, was out school for two days... but I had youth on my side 18..

Old 04-15-2015, 11:09 PM

220 posts, read 224,464 times
Thanks everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or