U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 11:33 AM

220 posts, read 224,464 times

Advertisements

Today is day 2 of removing my wisdom teeth and I still have pain! My jaw hurts like crazy and I cant open it post like an inch! How long until the pain goes away? Also this pain where the extraction site is, is hurting my sinus and my temple of my head (My extraction was on the top right of my mouth. I also been eating mush food. It feels like forever I cant eat regular food, how long until I can again without regreting it with huge pain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 11:43 AM

6,319 posts, read 6,068,208 times
I've had 3 wisdoms removed in 3 months.

I never had pain like this, I had a lot of problems with number 3 disturbing my inner ear and leading to intense vomiting and nausea though.

Wisdom 2 ripped a hole in my sinus which I never even felt.

You sound like you have an infection and need antibiotics.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:44 AM

14,013 posts, read 13,644,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingfalcon View Post
Today is day 2 of removing my wisdom teeth and I still have pain! My jaw hurts like crazy and I cant open it post like an inch! How long until the pain goes away? Also this pain where the extraction site is, is hurting my sinus and my temple of my head (My extraction was on the top right of my mouth. I also been eating mush food. It feels like forever I cant eat regular food, how long until I can again without regreting it with huge pain?
I had mine removed six or seven years ago and I don't remember having much pain. Your oral surgeon didn't tell you what to expect after the procedure? Do you have pain medication?

Old 02-11-2015, 11:48 AM

Ya I do have pain medication, Im just not taking it all the time as I know its not good to be taking to many. And I cant have an infection because Im on antibiotics as well,

Old 02-11-2015, 06:46 PM

595 posts, read 2,400,965 times
Could quite possibly be a dry socket (where the blood clot covering the extraction site is removed) and it's painful. Call your Dentist and see if you can get in.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:34 AM

129 posts, read 250,594 times
taking too many pain meds? yeah, dont take the whole bottle in a day, but id be taking the pain meds if youre in pain.

talk to your doc to see if there's anything else for you if youre worried about the pan meds.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:57 PM

well today is a lot better! Still got some swelling but still have some pain.. Is it normal the side of my head hurts where my jaw hurts?

Old 02-12-2015, 06:06 PM

8 posts, read 46,777 times
What you are experiencing is "trismus".Inflamation of the ligaments and tissue that transfers the pain into the bone structure.Once inflammation subsides,you will be able to open wider

Old 02-16-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentist101 View Post
What you are experiencing is "trismus".Inflamation of the ligaments and tissue that transfers the pain into the bone structure.Once inflammation subsides,you will be able to open wider
Ok well its been one week now. And my jaw does feel a lot better however I still cannot eat hard food, I still have to eat soups and the sides of my head hurt (its coming from the jaw ) is it possible?

Old 03-03-2015, 01:12 PM

16,037 posts, read 10,400,814 times
I'm on my day 6 after getting 3 wisdom teethes pulled. There's still discomfort and I can't chew meat but it's gotten a lot better.

I say it takes 5 days for you to start feeling close to normal. I'm not there yet but it's a relief now that I can touch where my teethes used to be without worry.

I am only taking Ibuprofen for pain and antibiotics will be done today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or