U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 09:34 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,141,732 times

Advertisements

Of course on the internet everyone is status quo just so they dont appear gross. And no one is fat, no one has acne, no one ever goes a day without a shower, everyone works out regularly etc etc etc and a genius.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 09:38 PM

968 posts, read 1,498,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
My doctor. Brushing before bed is healthier because you scrub away food particles. Theres no reason to apply fluoride to your gumline 8 hours later when you havent eaten. Use mouthwash.
You know they make fluoride-free toothpastes these days. I use one.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:40 PM

750 posts, read 683,494 times
Quote:
Of course on the internet everyone is status quo just so they dont appear gross. And no one is fat, no one has acne, no one ever goes a day without a shower, everyone works out regularly etc etc etc and a genius.
I do brush twice a day. I'm not fat. I rarely get acne, but I do use a couple of face products. I shower 6-7 days per week. I workout on average twice a week. I pretty much am a genius.

Anyway, yeah mouthwash in the morning would be alright as long as no food was consumed after brushing teeth the previous night.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
You know they make fluoride-free toothpastes these days. I use one.
Tom's, yes. But why brush when you havent eaten, its mindless following. The idea behind brushing twice a day is washing away food particles. You brush twice in under 7-9 hours while you slept for no reason. Brush at noght and mouthwash in the morning is my doc's suggestion, but go along. Everyone on the internet always brushes twice a day, etc status quo, keeping up appearances, nonsense.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:45 PM

750 posts, read 683,494 times
Quote:
Tom's, yes. But why brush when you havent eaten, its mindless following. The idea behind brushing twice a day is washing away food particles. You brush twice in under 7-9 hours while you slept for no reason. Brush at noght and mouthwash in the morning is my doc's suggestion, but go along. Everyone on the internet always brushes twice a day, etc status quo, keeping up appearances, nonsense.
Maybe it just makes some of us feel fresh and prepared to face the day? Not sure why you care so much that people enjoy having clean teeth and fresh breath. Yeah, we are totally mindless sheep for that.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:48 PM

15,729 posts, read 18,852,736 times
I brush twice a day...we don't own mouthwash because it's just more crap to have in the house. I'm not sucking from someone elses bottle/cap and I'm not cleaning more cups or having the litter of those little paper cups to deal with. Call me lazy, but brushing is a whole lot easier and so far, my dental health has been good, so may as well keep on doing what works.

OH the horrors! I'm a sheep because I brush twice a day.

As for the OP...I guess she's weeding out those that would be bothered by this early on.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:08 PM

2,766 posts, read 2,407,834 times
I know someone who doesn't believe in brushing, only flossing and mouthwash.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:19 PM

379 posts, read 276,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It's weird that they put that on a dating site.Maybe they have an underlying meaning.Strong teeth don't need to brush, their breath doesn't stink when they wake up, low maintenance,or trying to attract others who aren't that nitpicky.

Personally brushing after meals, when you leave the house, mornings and at night seems normal.
Yes, this is possible as well. I don't consider myself nitpicky in general, just for some reason this one hit a nerve with me. Funny thing is I probably wouldn't notice without knowing about it in advance. This seems like it could have inspired a Seinfeld episode.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:23 PM

379 posts, read 276,550 times
Quote:
Well, assuming you use real pictures on dating sites, some of that is moot. Yes, I know there are people who put fake pictures up (in fact I have a friend who used to do this and got a couple drinks thrown in his face).
My dentist has always advised brushing three times per day, which I always suspected was overkill.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I brush twice a day...we don't own mouthwash because it's just more crap to have in the house. I'm not sucking from someone elses bottle/cap and I'm not cleaning more cups or having the litter of those little paper cups to deal with. Call me lazy, but brushing is a whole lot easier and so far, my dental health has been good, so may as well keep on doing what works.

OH the horrors! I'm a sheep because I brush twice a day.

As for the OP...I guess she's weeding out those that would be bothered by this early on.
Actually mouthwash is more effective at cleaning the entire mouth than just brushing. Just saying... so yes, because you are a follower of something you dont even understand the actual purpose of, and not because you merely brush twice a day, I do think the compulsiveness is mindlessly following something simply because it's status quo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or