U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2015, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,224 posts, read 23,213,764 times
Reputation: 24043

Advertisements

I still have the crown that fell out. I don't know whether they can put it back, or will want to build their own.
I have never experienced this before, and the last I knew, that's what dental health forum section is about, to be able to get advice from others who have had it done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-27-2015, 04:19 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,828 posts, read 2,519,406 times
Reputation: 7676
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRunner View Post
no! must post on internet!!
Thanks for the observation, but I think the OP posted this because, according to the time stamp of the her original post, it was late in the evening, a time when dentists are typically closed. For some people, the thought of dental procedures or the accompanying bill causes a panic, and since this is a forum for dental health, it's reasonable the OP would reach out here to raise a worthwhile question.

My advice to the OP is to see if you could work something out with your dentist (the one who installed the crown) to reinstall it (if that's even possible) or replace it for a reduced cost, especially if it was recently installed. I've never had this happen with a crown but I did have a filling come out not long after it was done and the dentist replaced it for free. This was without me actually asking for a freebie because this happened a fairly long time (I can't remember exactly how long) after it was installed. She was just standing by her work. Of course, this may not apply if it's been in for a long time, but it never hurts to ask.

Last edited by Jowel; 03-27-2015 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2015, 04:32 PM
 
Location: In a house
13,253 posts, read 38,143,135 times
Reputation: 20198
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I still have the crown that fell out. I don't know whether they can put it back, or will want to build their own.
I have never experienced this before, and the last I knew, that's what dental health forum section is about, to be able to get advice from others who have had it done.
You posted your OP 3/14. It's now 3/27, two weeks later. You still don't know if the dentist can help or not, which means - you haven't bothered to go to the dentist. The advice you got, which is supposedly why you posted, was to go to the dentist ASAP.

Also, as someone else mentioned - crowns don't cover holes. They cover teeth. So either you don't really have a hole, or it wasn't really a crown - or the tooth fell out with the crown, and it wasn't JUST the crown that fell out.

You offer no information at all - so how do you expect anyone to offer any kind of advice OTHER than to go back to the dentist right away? If it's a crown that was placed 10 years ago, then the advice would be different from the advice you'd get if the crown was placed last month. If there's a tooth with that crown, the advice would be different than if the crown fell off and there's a tooth left behind, and not a hole as you claim. If it wasn't really a crown that fell off, but a false tooth, the advice would be different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2015, 10:25 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,224 posts, read 23,213,764 times
Reputation: 24043
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You posted your OP 3/14. It's now 3/27, two weeks later. You still don't know if the dentist can help or not, which means - you haven't bothered to go to the dentist. The advice you got, which is supposedly why you posted, was to go to the dentist ASAP.

Also, as someone else mentioned - crowns don't cover holes. They cover teeth. So either you don't really have a hole, or it wasn't really a crown - or the tooth fell out with the crown, and it wasn't JUST the crown that fell out.

You offer no information at all - so how do you expect anyone to offer any kind of advice OTHER than to go back to the dentist right away? If it's a crown that was placed 10 years ago, then the advice would be different from the advice you'd get if the crown was placed last month. If there's a tooth with that crown, the advice would be different than if the crown fell off and there's a tooth left behind, and not a hole as you claim. If it wasn't really a crown that fell off, but a false tooth, the advice would be different.
Are you calling me a liar?

For YOUR information, I have an appt. Monday, to get it fixed!

I was simply reaching out here, asking for some advice. Not a lecture!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2015, 06:13 AM
 
Location: In a house
13,253 posts, read 38,143,135 times
Reputation: 20198
No, I was questioning your understanding of your situation.

The ONLY information you gave in your OP was: There's a hole. The only explanation anyone had of what you meant by that was the title of your thread: My crown fell out."

There was no context for your reader to offer any reasonable advice or even empathy, because the two statements "There is a hole" and "my crown fell out" make no sense when combined, because crowns don't cover holes. They cover teeth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2015, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,224 posts, read 23,213,764 times
Reputation: 24043
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
No, I was questioning your understanding of your situation.

The ONLY information you gave in your OP was: There's a hole. The only explanation anyone had of what you meant by that was the title of your thread: My crown fell out."

There was no context for your reader to offer any reasonable advice or even empathy, because the two statements "There is a hole" and "my crown fell out" make no sense when combined, because crowns don't cover holes. They cover teeth.
It don't take a genius, but thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2015, 12:10 PM
 
Location: In a house
13,253 posts, read 38,143,135 times
Reputation: 20198
...and you still haven't clarified. Was it a crown that covered a tooth that fell off the tooth and the tooth is still there (and therefore, it isn't really a hole)? Or do you have a hole where a tooth used to be and it's something other than just a crown that fell out?

What fell out, and what is left? And, why didn't you go to the dentist right away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2015, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,224 posts, read 23,213,764 times
Reputation: 24043
HAHA!

I had a crown that fell off. It covered what is left of my tooth that I had a root canal on.
Now, there is a hole where my crown was..no tooth!

Why didn't I go to the dentist right away? For one thing, it was the weekend. It was late, and it was not painful or hurting me. Plus, your talking about 800 or more to get it fixed.
Unfortunately, some people don't just have an extra grand laying around that they can fork out to a dentist.
Some people have to wait, and save to get it fixed.

Gezzzz usssss!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2015, 03:51 PM
 
Location: In a house
13,253 posts, read 38,143,135 times
Reputation: 20198
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
HAHA!

I had a crown that fell off. It covered what is left of my tooth that I had a root canal on.
Now, there is a hole where my crown was..no tooth!

Why didn't I go to the dentist right away? For one thing, it was the weekend. It was late, and it was not painful or hurting me. Plus, your talking about 800 or more to get it fixed.
Unfortunately, some people don't just have an extra grand laying around that they can fork out to a dentist.
Some people have to wait, and save to get it fixed.

Gezzzz usssss!!
If there's a hole there and no tooth, then it wasn't just the crown that fell out. The crown, and the tooth that had the root canal procedure, all fell out. There's nothing to fix at this point. Your options will be to get a bridge as long as you have a tooth on both sides of the hole - or an implant - or just leave a gap between the two other teeth.

Also, it wasn't just the weekend. It's been two weeks. You could've told the dentist you needed to come in that next Monday - if it was truly an emergency he would've fitted you in between appointments. Or he would've referred you to a dental clinic where you could be seen within a couple of days - not in a few weeks.

If you have reasonable credit there's CareCredit - a "loan" type of setup for dental care (and other medical car and they even have a pet care program). You have a certain amount of time to pay it all back before they start charging crazy high interest rates.

You asked for help - you received advice that you had no intention of following, and it took you two weeks to return to this thread to tell us you didn't intend to follow it. Of course you never took a moment to explain what KIND of help you wanted, until two weeks later. So don't get all gezzzzz ussssss at me - you're the one who showed up flailing your textual arms as though the sky was falling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2015, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,224 posts, read 23,213,764 times
Reputation: 24043
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
If there's a hole there and no tooth, then it wasn't just the crown that fell out. The crown, and the tooth that had the root canal procedure, all fell out. There's nothing to fix at this point. Your options will be to get a bridge as long as you have a tooth on both sides of the hole - or an implant - or just leave a gap between the two other teeth.

Also, it wasn't just the weekend. It's been two weeks. You could've told the dentist you needed to come in that next Monday - if it was truly an emergency he would've fitted you in between appointments. Or he would've referred you to a dental clinic where you could be seen within a couple of days - not in a few weeks.

If you have reasonable credit there's CareCredit - a "loan" type of setup for dental care (and other medical car and they even have a pet care program). You have a certain amount of time to pay it all back before they start charging crazy high interest rates.

You asked for help - you received advice that you had no intention of following, and it took you two weeks to return to this thread to tell us you didn't intend to follow it. Of course you never took a moment to explain what KIND of help you wanted, until two weeks later. So don't get all gezzzzz ussssss at me - you're the one who showed up flailing your textual arms as though the sky was falling.
Oh for heavens sake! Forget it.
Go make yourself another 500 winner!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top