U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 10:53 PM

24,497 posts, read 36,726,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
1. "Bad teeth" does not run in any families, except in vary rare circumstances such as amelogenesis imperfecta. What DOES run in families is negligence. In other words, 99% of the time it's actually "my parents didn't brush their teeth and therefore never taught me that brushing teeth is important."
This is incorrect. There's a great deal of research that shows a link between genetics and dental decay. Perhaps you might want to take the time to look into it and learn a little about this area for the purpose of discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 10:54 PM

I'm surprised to see that there's a lot of support for offshoring jobs in this thread.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:03 AM

1,552 posts, read 1,939,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This is incorrect. There's a great deal of research that shows a link between genetics and dental decay. Perhaps you might want to take the time to look into it and learn a little about this area for the purpose of discussion.
The evidence is very limited and less of a factor than hygiene. And I have never seen anyone claiming to have "soft teeth" actually undergo any genetic testing to elucidate the issue. "Soft teeth" is a way for people to deflect responsibility.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
The evidence is very limited and less of a factor than hygiene. And I have never seen anyone claiming to have "soft teeth" actually undergo any genetic testing to elucidate the issue. "Soft teeth" is a way for people to deflect responsibility.
As previously indicated, you're still incorrect and research shows it. I'll agree with you that it is less of a factor than hygiene and dental visits, but it's still a significant factor. Like I said in my previous post, you should do some research on the topic.

Old 12-24-2015, 04:35 PM

2,563 posts, read 2,980,008 times
I've never had any dental work done overseas because I haven't needed it. My last cavity was filled in November 1963. Once in a while here in the states I get my teeth cleaned, and fortunately, I have an honest dentist.

As for overseas dental work? From what people tell me, it can definitely be cheaper. Much cheaper. And it's not only dental work that can be cheaper overseas. Let's say you need open heart surgery. $100K plus in the USA, $15K in Bangkok. And most of the doctors in Bangkok have been trained in the USA.

Old 12-24-2015, 04:43 PM

1,552 posts, read 1,939,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
As previously indicated, you're still incorrect and research shows it. I'll agree with you that it is less of a factor than hygiene and dental visits, but it's still a significant factor. Like I said in my previous post, you should do some research on the topic.
I don't care enough to argue here. You won the internet today so be proud.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
I've never had any dental work done overseas because I haven't needed it. My last cavity was filled in November 1963. Once in a while here in the states I get my teeth cleaned, and fortunately, I have an honest dentist.

As for overseas dental work? From what people tell me, it can definitely be cheaper. Much cheaper. And it's not only dental work that can be cheaper overseas. Let's say you need open heart surgery. $100K plus in the USA, $15K in Bangkok. And most of the doctors in Bangkok have been trained in the USA.
Would you get open hear surgery in Bangkok if you needed it?

Old 10-24-2016, 05:16 AM

3 posts, read 2,227 times
Hi buddy! I recommend you search first online via business listings in overseas area where you want to have dental work. Just type something connected with dentistry plus the place in google search bar. Also, I think dental implant treatment is really depends on how big or small is the dental work that needs to be done.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:46 AM

5,592 posts, read 5,419,693 times
at $1100 a crown dumbf&cks still can't make it right/last. US dental care is hyped up and lost touch with economic basics, in 2001 I had $300 crown/tooth made in TN (still have it), and it was nightmare quality ever since despite QUADRUPLING costs per crown in Ohio $1100, money doesn't buy chit. I know people flying to the Eastern Europe for dental work, makes enormous economic sense if you've got a mouthful of issues.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:08 AM

5,273 posts, read 12,881,918 times
Drnkess, soon, a "regular" will be around telling you if you use oil in your mouth, cavities go away, broken teeth will grow back, extracted teeth will grow back, teeth with irreversible pulpitis will heal themselves.... just smile and go to the next post.

As to foreign dentistry, it can be good and very cheap, but please remember that sanitation is usually lacking and you have no recourse if things go awry. It's a gamble that could pay off well or prove to be a total disaster.

Choose wisely, grasshopper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or